part 4. nostalgia.

They stayed like this for the whole day. By the end of it Evelyn spoke after letting out all the emotions she had buried deep down which she didn't know she had.

Evelyn: papa...where have you been all these years?

Issei: I was away, my job is dangerous and I couldn't risk letting you get hurt. I have enemies out there.

Evelyn: is that why I live with uncle Vali?

Issei: yes honey. I'm sorry for not being around. I know you have questions.

Evelyn: just one... Where's mom?

Issei knew she would ask that one day but still couldn't find a way to answer without hurting her or to hide the truth.

Issei: I'm not going to lie Eve...she's ...gone. She passed away a little while after you were born.

Evelyn: but I don't believe that, Everytime I saw her in my dreams she would tell me a little about herself and a lot about you.

Issei: like what?

Evelyn: like how where you two met, getting married in secret and even where you got married, stuff like that.

Issei smiled at his daughter as she brought back nostalgic memories.

Issei: oh really? What else?

Evelyn: she told me how you would sacrifice for other even if it hurt you, how you cared for those around you and how you loved her and only her.

Issei: she always knew me better than anyone.

Evelyn: papa...what was she like?

Issei: she is still the most amazing woman, sister, wife and mother I've ever seen. She and I were truly happy together and when you were born...we were truly blessed. Seeing her being your mother is the embodiment of pure love, she is still the one I love now and forever and you're the proof our bond. At nights when you couldn't sleep or had bad dreams, I would sing to you and she would hold you. It worked everytime and you slept like a log with a smile. The last time we did that was...when..she.. disappeared.

Issei was now depressed.

Evelyn: didn't anyone find her?

Issei: no. So many of us and even I spent years looking for her.

Evelyn: how did she disappear?

Issei: that's honestly something I wanted to hide from you to keep you safe.

Evelyn: I'm 15 now papa, please tell me. I deserve to know the truth.

Issei:.....you're right. I trust you can handle it.

She smiled that he trusts her.

Issei: your mother was an assassin and one of the very best. I'm a mercenary and the red dragon emperor.

Evelyn: uncle Vali told me about the sacred gears and other basic knowledge.

Issei: I'm glad so your mother was on a mission to take out one of the rebels from the chaos brigade who are a group of terrorists who want nothing but chaos hence the name The main threats were gone but some remained, this was supposed to be a mission like many she had completed before without any aid but something happened and we don't know what. We searched for any possible clues and where she was meant to go on that mission but....we found nothing. I was on another mission at the time and your uncle Vali looked after you.

Evelyn: is that why my last name is Lucifer?

Issei: yes, your uncle is very very strong and I knew that if anything ever happened to your mother and I then he would be able to protect you and I was right. You live a good life with friends and do good in school and have someone who loves you as if you were his own.