part 17. epilogue

After what seemed like forever, Issei got his soul mate back, Evelyn was finally happy, now whenever she would open her eyes her mother would be right there. All the dragons were set free from their sacred gears, great red and Ophis recovered their strength and lived on the largest mountain in the dragon's territory. Ddraig and Tiamat became mates and had a clutch of eggs, Ddraig was overjoyed, now he knows how Issei felt when Evelyn was born. Those who fought the new beast were welcomed there. Together they revealed their existence to the human world, they were told everything about all religions, mythologies, dragons, other creatures of myth and legends but when they heard about God being dead certainly dealt a blow but they still prayed because there is proof of the afterlife and their actions would determine which afterlife they would get. They were blessed to be allowed contact to those they lost. The very image of angels, fallen, devils etc was very different than what the humans had, it would take a long time for them to get over it. Issei still felt guilty but not as much as before sense it all turned out well in a way. The past users of the dragon sacred gears live a peaceful and interesting life, Issei and Vali would spar every now and then, the occasional dragon vs devil fight was fun for all. Issei and Kuroka went to talk to Kiba one day.

Kuroka: general Kiba, may we speak with you?

Kiba: oh come now, no formalities between us 3. What's up?

Issei: we quit.

Kiba: what?

Kuroka: you heard us, we quit. Issei and I need to be with our daughter, we served for years and I think we did enough.

Kiba: sigh....you did more than enough, both of you went above and beyond. As of this moment you two are discharged with the highest honours, you're already legends among the forces, so much so that both of you are the platinum standard.

Issei: tell them to be themselves, they could do more that way.

Kiba: sure, both of you will have a hefty pension and if there's anything else you want then ask us anytime.

Issei: thanks Kiba and us?

Kiba: yeah, after everything you two went through, all of us decided that everyone owes you two a great debt that they will happily spend the rest of eternity trying to pay back.

Issei: they already helped stop the new beast and you guys helped me get her back so I think we're all debt free.

Kuroka: you haven't changed a bit lover.

Kiba: btw Issei, we heard about your mom and dad dying during the attack... we're sorry for your loss.

Issei: thanks but my family and I got special permission to visit them in heaven.

Kiba: I'm glad, also we have taken the liberty to reconstruct your old home just like it was before.

Issei: thanks man, I appreciate it, does that mean everyone will be moving back in?

Kiba: not this time Issei, it'll be like the house you grew up in. You two may have retired but the rest of us haven't. There's going to be a celebration soon regarding your return.

Kuroka walks over to Kiba and gives him a friendly kiss on the cheek.

Kuroka: Kiba thank you for everything.

Kiba: it's the least I can do.

Kuroka: adios general.

As she walks away Kiba looks at Issei who was glaring at him and had a dark aura around him. Kiba turned white, even the souls that merged with him during Kokabiel's attack were telling Kiba to keep away.