part 12: funeral

(Flash back of Evelyn having another vision.)

Evelyn: mom.....when I open my eyes...will you be there this time?

Kuroka begins to fade away.

Kuroka: Tell your papa that I love him and that I miss you both. Take care.

Evelyn: mom..no... mom MOM!

Dream end.

Back in the dimensional gap.

Great red: NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

His roar shook the dimension.

Ophis: great red......why are you crying?

Ophis reveals that the great dragon of dreams was crying. Never once has he cried.

Great red: Ophis.........

Ophis: your voice is shaky.....what did you see?

Great red: pain.......

Ophis: .....I'm right here....

Ophis for once wanted to help great red but just didn't know how and great red couldn't bring himself to talk about what he saw....he didn't even know how to describe what he saw. Over time he saw more and more of Evelyn's visions. Each was more painful than the last and then he felt it, the deaths of millions in the human world, so many energy signatures similar to the red dragon emperor. It was pure chaos and he could feel it as well as Ophis. Little by little the signatures disappeared and felt Issei going berserk and after that......nothing. They lost his signature as well.

Ophis: no....not him. RED!

Great red: RRRRRROOOOAAARRRRRR!!!

Ophis screams and great red roared. Never have they acted of felt like this.

Great red: Ophis! It's time.

Ophis: damn right.

Both had a crazy idea and were not sure if it will work. Their powers flared and clashed, several figures appeared right where their powers clashed.

Great red: vengeance shall be served.

His voice carried a great deal of hate, Ophis always knew him as a carefree dragon but this is a new side of him.

Ophis: it shall be.

The figures increased in number and one was larger than the others. Both stopped clashing their power, great red then opened his mouth to eat the figures, Ophis fired off several black tendrils towards the figures then they were consumed by great red.

Back in the underworld.

Everyone saw Issei take his last breath, his body has succumbed to the poison blood and began to fall apart. His fingers fell off first, followed by his arms, toes and then the rest of him. He was nothing but a pile of black poisoned flesh that broke apart right in front of nearly everyone he calls family especially his daughter. Evelyn was traumatized, her father turned into a mass of body parts right before her eyes. Then the body parts disappeared leaving only the now heavily damaged boosted gear on the ground. Kuroka picked it up.

Kuroka: Ddraig?

No response, no energy signature of any kind......nothing. It was just an empty gauntlet, the vibrant red now faded, the green orb cracked and dull.

Kuroka: Issei......

Evelyn looks at the gauntlet but she only sees his face, the face of the her father who risked everything to bring her mother home, he fulfilled his promise but was the cost worth it. If he was here right now, he would say yes.