part 6. frame by frame.

Issei's mixed voice sent shivers through everyone's soul.

Issei: did you guys find anything in the videos?

Grayfia: afraid not. We're sorry.

Issei: don't apologize. We keep looking. I'll show you one more video, this was meant for me specifically but in there's a single frame that might help. Issei played it and jumped straight to the frame, the same one in which Kuroka went from happy to scared and back to happy all in an instant.

Ajuka: no matter how I look at it I can't seem to figure out what she's going through.

Issei: damn it. She's scared right now and in pain, let's look at the videos again but this time let's check frame by frame, I don't care how long it takes.

Kiba: let's do it. We'll watch the videos in order as a start.

Gasper: everyone should pay attention to one or two aspects per frame in each video, this way there's a significantly less chance that we'll miss something.

Issei smiles with pride.

Issei: Gasper, I'm proud of you. I truly am.

Gasper gets a bit flustered.

Gasper: well.. I am a head of a vampire clan and ...I'm just.. keeping my promise.

Issei: glad you're still the same old Gasper I got to know back in Kuoh but now you're quite the clever guy. That idea if yours will be the key to finding her.

Gasper: thanks big bro.

Issei: so how's Valerie?

Gasper: happy. I left her in charge back in Romania. I trust her.

Rias and everyone looked at the tall, powerful and manly Gasper before their eyes who used to be just small shy little guy who was afraid of just about everything but no more. Among everyone in the large room, he grew up the most.

Akeno: so let's start right away, let's not keep her waiting and longer than we have to.

Azazel: right.

Everyone looks at the first video frame by frame, all 22 videos took quite some time, Issei focused on the expressions in her face, her words and keep tone. Azazel, Grayfia, Vali, Sirzechs and a few others focused on the backgrounds which was different in each video, the others focused on any other details that might be out of the ordinary. Evelyn smiled the whole time, she got to see her mom the whole time. Everyone took notes about what they found but someone of the videos didn't have anything that stood out in the way they expected but did so in another way. They were videos of her being the perfect mom to Evelyn to the best of her abilities given the situation. This is the woman she is and everyone got to see the real Kuroka, the one that Issei loved and mourned for about 15 years, the woman who had the loving warmth of a mother that brought peace to her child everytime she missed her. The last video was the most recent of Evelyn reaching out to her just as she faded away before Evelyn could hug her. Evelyn cried silently in Koneko's lap, it brought her comfort since Koneko is her aunt.

Rias: Issei......I now truly see why you miss her, she's the perfect woman and mother to Evelyn.

Issei smiled and had tears in his eyes.

Issei: and so much more.

Asia: you guys have the purest kind of love.

Issei: love? What we have is greater than some human word.

Arthur: that may be the most poetic thing you've ever said.

Everyone laughs in agreement including Issei.