09. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔬𝔫𝔢

Hiiii so here's a really short chapter. I'm having this episode be in two parts just because I really need to post something on this story but I'm only halfway through this episode but I'll try my best to have the next part out as soon as possible.

Anywayyyy, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy ❤️

The door to the gymnasium flew open to reveal Stanley, stomping over to the Party who were all sat down on the bleachers

The door to the gymnasium flew open to reveal Stanley, stomping over to the Party who were all sat down on the bleachers. Joyce and Hopper had gone off to get Will back from the Upside Down, leaving the others at the school. He bit the inside of his cheek, holding his hands to his hips as his eyes darted around the hard, polished floor beneath him, preparing himself to tell the kids some not-so-good news.

"Jonathan and Nancy left." Stanley exclaimed, slapping his hands to the jean fabric against his thighs. Y/n sat up from where she was on the bleachers leaned against Bradley, her eyebrows furrowing and her eyes filling with uncertainty.

"They left us?" She scoffed, catching a glimpse of Mike who looked just as confused as she did. She didn't even really know what to say. Of course, they all still had Stanley who would definitely do whatever he could to protect them all but still, how could they just leave them here without saying a word?

"They said something about killing the monster and then they just left." Stan explained, sitting down right next to Bradley and leaning back on the set of seats behind them.

Y/n shot to her feet, making fast hand gestures, "We have to go after them!" She told them, looking to the guys who were all giving her looks with mixed emotion.

Mike stood up with her, "Shes right! This is crazy. We can't just wait around." He flared his nostrils a bit, his eyebrows knitting together as he spoke.

Lucas scoffed, shaking his head as he sat up in his seat a bit, "In case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." He reminded them all, his voice dripping with a tad bit of aggression.

"Okay, okay, okay." Stan jumped up, waving his hands in the air to try to signal them to be quiet, "As the adult here, I say that we're staying right here until Joyce and Hopper get back." He demanded, peering between each of the kids one by one.

"Okay I get that but what if the bad men find us and we're just sitting here like live bait?" Dustin spoke up, his voice gradually getting more and more panicked as the sentence went on.

"Exactly!" Mike and Y/n told them in unison, their eyes a bit wide as they looked towards Dustin.

"The first thing that we need to do is let El recharge." Bradley piped up, all eyes turning to him. He looked completely sure of what he was saying, "If the bad men or even the Demogorgan find us and both of us aren't recharged enough then we all have almost no chance." His voice was soft and quiet yet it seemed to fill the entire room. They all knew he was right.

>>>

Y/n plopped down onto the bleachers, shoving a spoonful of chocolate pudding into her mouth. Dustin had found a bunch of pudding to help El recharge and they all were digging in. Brad sat down right next to her, them being the only two in the room.

Mike and Eleven had disappeared off somewhere while Dustin and Lucas went into the kitchen. Stan had gone to check out a noise he heard outside and he had been gone for around a minute by now.

Y/n turned her head, meeting Bradley's eyes. All was silent in the room until Y/n broke the silence, twirling the spoon with her pointer and middle fingers as she gazed at the boy, "Can I try something? Y'know, just in case we don't make it out of this or whatever."

She has been considering and thinking about doing this since earlier today but she knew about how sheltered he was so she figured it might freak him out. But now that she knows that they have a small chance of both of them staying safe, she just decided to say fuck it and go for it if he lets her.

Bradley tensed up a bit at the idea of them all not making it out alive but he just went along with it. The boy tilted his head in confusion before shedding a small smile, "Sure." He didn't know what she was going to do but he was a bit intimidated. The unknown often scared him even if there was no bad intentions.

"Don't freak out." She adjusted herself on the seat, him staring her down in confusion. She took a small breath of air, setting the pudding cup down onto the seat next to her, Brad slowly doing the same.

Slowly, Y/n began leaning into him, her eyes darting from his lips back to his eyes. Bradley scrunched his eyebrows up, still quite confused but soon enough, he felt a profound urge to begin leaning in too. So he did so, leaning in just a little faster than Y/n was.

Just when their lips were an inch apart, the doors flew open and there stood the others, "Guys! The bad men found us!" The two flung away from each other, turning to Dustin – who had been the one to say that – before looking back at each other with wide, frightened eyes.

>>>

The group of six bolted through the hallways, Stan taking the lead whilst holding a pistol that Hopper gave him just in case this happened. He had been hiding the gun in his back pocket, not wanting to freak out any of the kids.

"How did they find us?" Lucas hissed as they all darted down some stairs, almost tripping a few times but disregarded it, continuing on.

"I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym." Mike replied, a little pant in his voice. The sounds of the bad men talking echoed a few rooms down causing them to all run even faster.

"Lando." Dustin mumbled.

Suddenly, a group of agents came running from a set of double doors in front of them, "Got 'em!" One of then yelled.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Stanley shouted, pushing a few of them towards the other way.

>>>

It felt like they were running for forever. All Y/n felt was the aching in her legs and the comforting hand of Bradley's in hers. She knew what would happen to him and Eleven if she stopped running so she knew that no matter how badly her legs cramped she had to keep going.

Y/n hadn't even been looking, her eyes stayed focused on the ground and the legs of her friends running in front of her. She knew how dumb it was not to look when there were literally people chasing them but she couldn't even bring herself to do it.

But when Y/n closed her eyes and opened them to find that her friends were gone, she began to panic. She spun her head around, finding that even Bradley was gone. Her hand was so cold without his hand in hers.

Y/n hadn't even noticed the cold air blasting against her body and the vines dried onto the floors. She hadn't even noticed the particles that filled the air and how dark everything was.

All she noticed was that she was all alone.

As always, Y/n M/n Byers was all alone.

Sorry for the really short chapter and it's not the best chapter I've ever written buttt I hope you like it anyway. Like I said before, I'll try to have the next part out as soon as I can :)