CHAPTER TWO: Secrets

*Scottie's p.o.v.*

-The next morning-

I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I mean, who could forget that I was rescued by a man built like that. I blushed at my thoughts as I was getting ready for work. Just as I was about to cook breakfast, someone knocked on my door. I walked over to my door and saw someone holding up a badge.

I opened the door immediately and saw two FBI agents standing in front of my apartment door.

"Lieutenant Scottie, may we come in?" One of them spoke up.

"Sure, I was just about to cook breakfast," I told them. They sat at the stools near my counter. I was making myself some breakfast as they started talking.

"Okay, I don't know an easier way to tell you this, but have you seen this man?" They held up a picture of the man who tried to attack me last night.

"Yes, he tried to attack me last night, but someone saved me," I admitted.

"Well, he was found dead this morning." They told me, and I froze. What....he was found dead when I just saw him last night being dragged away. Something in my mind was telling me to tell them that I saw him being dragged away, but another part of me was telling me that something was going on that only I can investigate.

"I guess karma got him back for trying to attack me," I stated.

"I guess so, but why would he attack you. He has a clean record, and to suddenly say one day, I am going to attack you, it is pretty odd." The FBI agent stated.

"But you did mention someone saving you. Do you remember how he looked like?"

"No. He had a mask, so I was not able to see him." I said.

"Okay, I don't want to freak you out because I know this is a touchy topic, but we asked around about him, and he used to work for Giovanni and Romano's father, which means he would have direct contact with Gio and Roman...he was last heard being their bodyguard. Did you know this?"

Wait...so you mean to tell me that the man who tried to attack me use to be directly around Gio and Roman, and he was their bodyguard.

"I did not know that," I said shockingly.

"Why would someone they trust try to attack me?" I asked.

"That is what we are trying to figure out because it seems that you are being targeted."

"What do you mean I am being targeted?" I asked with my eyes wide.

"You have had five attempted attacks before this..correct." The other FBI agent asked.

"Yes, but these attacks are not planned right," I questioned.

"If you are being targeted like we suspect you are, then yes, because it seems that the people that have attacked you have ended being murdered, and they were associated with or knew Giovanni and Romano." The main FBI pointed out.

"But why would I be a target? I don't understand what you are trying to say." I commented.

"Should we tell him?" the other FBI agent asked. He sighed before looking at me.

"Okay, this is not public information yet, but we are investigating the disappearance of Giovanni and Romano."

"What the hell do you mean the disappearance of Gio and Roman? They are dead. They died in a car crash years ago."

"Here is the thing, the two bodies that were in that car did not match to Gio and Roman's DNA. It matched the DNA of the two men who attacked you all those years ago. It was not Gio and Roman." The FBI agent said. I looked at them in disbelief.