CHAPTER FOUR: Tate's Plan

*Scottie's p.o.v.*

I woke up the next morning, just remembering all the events that happened last night. I looked around at this cabin, and I froze when I realized where I was. I mean, I wouldn't have been able to recognize it last night because it was so dark. Why would Tate bring me back here knowing what happened that day? Why we he bring me to the one place where I walked in on them...I grabbed my shoes quickly. I walked out of the room, and I saw Tate cooking breakfast. He saw me as I came in. His eyes went wide when he saw me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I am going home. Why would you bring me here? Are you trying to make fun of me?" I stuttered out.

"It is not safe for you because Luca is targeting you. I brought you here because this is the only safe place for you right now. I am not trying to make fun of you at all. Gio, Roman, and Killian would want me to protect you."

"No, they wouldn't. If you are doing this because you pity me, then please stop." I told him.

"This is not pity. I care about you, Scottie. You are still one of my best friends. I wouldn't be doing this if I did not care."

"If you cared, why would you bring me to the one place that I was rejected at. I was humiliated because I walked in on you guys having sex. I was so devasted and did y'all give a fuck then. No, I was just the best friend. I will always be just the best friend." I shouted.

"I am sorry, okay! I made a promise to them a long time ago that if you were in any danger, I would bring you here no matter the circumstances. It is awkward as hell because Angel is here too. Angel is still somewhat upset at me. He has every right to be because I hurt him, and I am trying to do the right thing. I am trying to make things right." Tate said.

"Why are you trying to make things right for them? It is not like they give two shits about what happens to me. They didn't give a shit when their uncle raped me. They didn't give a shit when they rejected me. They didn't give a shit about me, but when it came to you, they were always running to you. They would ditch me to be with you. They made sure you were their number one priority, so please save the bullshit." I told him.

"If only you knew the sacrifices that they made, you would think of them differently," Tate stated.

"Oh, I would love to hear the sacrifices that they made. What bullshit do you have now? Oh, please do enlighten me." I looked at him, and Tate just stared at me. He sighed before speaking.

"They had to make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the person they love since people who were close them were coming after this person. They had to do the one thing they vowed not to do because they wanted this person to be safe and live the life that they wanted. They made that sacrifice because this person was safer from afar than near them. After all, every single time they got close, it was like they were in more danger. They did the only thing they could do, which is watching from afar as the person they loved with all of their hearts live a happy, healthy life without them."

My heart ached at that because I knew that person was not me. It was Tate. It was sad because I never knew that they sacrificed so much, but I was also sad because I knew that person was not me. I froze when I saw Tate hold tissue out for me. I could feel the tears come down before I could stop it.

"That is so sad. I am sorry, Tate. I know you probably miss them, and here I am being selfish because I am still heartbroken because they rejected me. I am sorry that I have not been supportive of you guys like I should. I shou-

"Scottie...I was not the one they loved." Tate confessed.

"What do you mean? They loved you. I know they did." I looked at them.