CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: It's About Time for the Truth

*Scottie's p.o.v.*

Camiel is Presley's brother. How is that possible? How in the world can Presley be related to that psycho man? There were so many questions in my head because I would think Presley would tell me this little secret because then Camiel would be my uncle as well. I am just pacing around my office at this point, trying to figure out the best way to confront Presley about this. I know mentioning Camiel would be a touchy subject considering he harmed him. I would not want to relive the fact that my own brother would do some shit to me. Then, there is also the possibility that he doesn't know, and this could open a can of worms that we don't need to open right now. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Roman talking.

"How do you even approach bring this up to your uncle, Scottie?" Roman asked.

"The problem is that if I were to bring it up, it could open up a can of worms in my family, and we don't know for certain if my uncle knows. As of right now, I am going to start digging. I really don't want to start digging in somewhere that I don't want to dig in because I have a feeling I'm going to find out something that I don't need to know." I admitted.

"The best thing to do is to keep quiet for right now about what you found out. There is also a possibility that Camiel has no clue either. He is still out there, and there is a huge possibility that Luca is with him. Scottie, you will not like what I am about to say, but you do need to snoop. You know, to find out how Camiel and Presley are related. I am saying this because I know how you think. You are probably like I am related to that lunatic. There could be a possibility you may not be even related to him at all." Killian commented.

"I don't think you understand how the family tree works, my brother. Camiel and Presley would either have the same mom or dad and because now we know Camiel and Presley are brothers, there is a huge possibility that Scottie's father also is his brother. Regardless, Camiel is his uncle, but we don't know exactly how Camiel came about." Gio pointed out.

"I know someone that I would." I groaned. The last person I want to ask is my mother about family history. I knew I had to talk to her alone because this is a conversation between me and her. I deserve to learn the truth because this is a secret that is too big, and it should have been told to me.

"I am going to see my mom," I told them.

"Okay, let me know how it goes. Call me if you need anything." Roman, Killian, and Gio all said.

"Alright, I will see you later," I said before hanging up. Micah just looked at me and sighed.

"You know you have to ask your mom about how they are related."

"I know, but every time I mention anything about the past, she gets immediately defensive."

"If she gets defensive, she is hiding something, and at this point, you are grown. That is a huge secret, and you deserve to know." Micah pointed out.

"You're right. I need to see her right now." I stated as I got up. Micah and I walked out of the ce. He drove me to my mom's house. When I arrived, I saw her car was here. I called her while we were in the car to let her know we are stopping by. Micah waited in the car while I ringed on the doorbell. My mom smiled when she saw me as she answered the door. I hugged her tightly and closed the door behind me.

"Hey, sweetie!" She smiled.

"Hey, how are you!" I asked her.

"I am good. I am wondering why my son called me frantically, aying he was coming over." She chuckled.

"Listen, I want you to be honest with me," I said. She looked at me the minute I said that. She knows when I drop that line, she knows I mean business.