CHAPTER TEN: The Real Man is Back

*Scottie's p.o.v.*

Uncle Presley and I have been back and forth from his house to mine. We have been trying to figure out where Gio, Luca, Killian, could be at. It is trying to think of places that they would hide is tricky. I was currently at his house alone while he was out grocery shopping. He just left like ten minutes ago, and I have been looking through Luca's case. Based on what Uncle Presley has told me, Luca was just heartbroken, but he was never the type to kill people unless it was because someone he cared about was harmed. The last time Uncle Presley saw Luca was at their senior prom. With that thought, I took a deep breath. I did not want to go back to my old high school, but Uncle Presley went there with Luca and Dominic. I grabbed my case file, and I locked the door up for Uncle Presley. I was going to try to get back before he got back.

*Presley's p.o.v*

I just arrived at the grocery store. I agreed to cook this time, so I needed to get some ingredients. I grabbed a shopping cart, and I was walking around the store to get some ingredients. I went in this particular aisle, and I froze when I saw someone who looked very similar to Dominic. He just looked at me before speaking.

"You knew my dad." The man spoke up.

"You must be either Roman, Killian, or Gio," I stated.

"I am Roman, and you are Presley. You are Scottie's uncle. I can see the resemblance." I blushed and chuckled.

"Yes, I am. It is nice to meet you, Roman. " I smiled.

"It is nice to meet you too, Presley. Do you have some time to talk while you are grocery shopping? It is so surreal to run into someone who knew our parents." He told me.

"I mean, I can try to answer whatever you wanna talk to me about because your dad, uncle, and I were not in a good place at the time," I admitted.

"Why were you guys not in a good place at the time if you don't mind me asking?"

"I confessed to Luca and Dominic, but they rejected me, so it put a little strain on our relationship," I told him.

"I am sorry that happened to you. I know my dad regretted it." He told me.

"What makes you say that? I mean, he was pretty clear with what he wanted, and I was not that." I blushed.

"If he were here right now, he would try to reconcile with you." Roman looked at me.

"He died protecting the one person he cared about. He would have never done that for me, the weak omega werewolf. I highly doubt that he would want to reconcile with me because I was just the best friend he tossed aside the minute he saw fit. " I chuckled, trying to make myself feel better.

"He tossed you aside," Roman stated.

"Yeah, the minute he became popular, it was like I did not exist anymore. I was just the best friend he would talk to in secret when no one was looking. He was also the Alpha of the pack, and because I am an omega, I was always seen as beneath the other wolves." I commented.

"Wait, how are you a werewolf?" He asked.

"Your dad turned me. I was attacked, and I was on the verge of dying, so he turned me." I admitted.

"That sounds like he cared to me," Roman smirked.

I blushed and looked the other way.

"No offense, but I highly doubt that your father gave two fucks about me. Your uncle did not give two fucks about me because he disappeared without a word. No contact, but I bet you if somehow, if a miracle happened, Camiel was alive, your uncle and father would go to him immediately. If you excuse me, I have to finish shopping. It was nice talking to you." I smiled as I continued shopping. I let out a breath that I did not know I let out. When I finished getting the ingredients that I needed, I paid for them, and I walked to my car. As I was walking to my car, I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Roman running towards me.