Chapter Twelve: The Talk

*Scottie's p.o.v*

I knocked on his door when I arrived at his house. He opened the door and smiled.

"You should have told me you left. I would have left a key under the mat."

"I was following a lead on Luca's disappearance, and you are not cooking, are you right now," I asked him.

"I am just about done. What's wrong?" He said, opening the door so that I could come in all the way. I followed him to the kitchen, and I sat at the barstool. He looked at me, and I just started asking him questions.

"I want you to be honest with me because what I am about to tell you is going to open a can of worms.." I told him. He just nodded his head slowly, probably because he was suspicious of what I was about to say to him. I don't blame him because I have been trying to wrap my head around many things right now.

"Okay, what was your relationship with Dominic, Camiel, Luca, and Marcel like?"

"Dominic, Luca, Camiel, and I were all friends. Marcel hated me for no reason. I mean, he is a lunatic, but he had no reason not to like me. We all grew up together, and eventually, Dominic's and Luca's attention was on Camiel."

"Did that change the relationship?" I asked.

"Yeah, there was a lot that changed. Dominic, Camiel, and Luca were very well-liked, so they were popular. I was more of a shy outcast. They still would hang out with me, but it was only where no one we knew would see us. I felt like they were ashamed to be seen with me because they would not speak to me at school. It was like their reputation was more important than our friendship. When they started dating Camiel, that is when the blackmailing started." He paused and took a deep breath before continuing.

"A little birdie told me you came by her classroom, so I know she probably told you, but Camiel started making death threats to stay away from them. He told me that I was always in the way, and he would have their "friends" beat me up. Dominic and Luca never knew this because I did not tell them. The beatings would get worse to the point where I was missing school for days on end. I still did not tell them because I mean they liked them. I knew that if I had told them, they would not have believed me. It would hurt more when I would tell them, and they did not believe me, so I kept it to myself. Then comes senior prom night. Luca and I got into it for two reasons. The first one was because he saw the bruises that I thought I covered up from being beaten. Two, at the time, I was avoiding them because I confessed, and I just needed my space to try to move on. They did not like that, especially Luca. I kept telling Luca to leave me alone because what they did not know was that I made a deal with Camiel never to bother them again so that the beating would stop. I was planning on telling him the answer that night. I agreed to meet him, but he followed me and kept asking me why I was avoiding him, and where the bruises were coming from. I kept deflecting the situation by telling him that "oh, your friends are going to see you talking to the loser." He got so pissed when I said that, like really pissed. I have never seen Luca get that mad ever. We were going back and forth for about twenty minutes, then one of his friends called him, so I went to meet Camiel. I was such a dumbass because he texted me an address, and I went there. I was alone, and boom, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach multiple times. Camiel just kept stabbing me. I kept screaming for help. No one heard me for a while. He left me there to die. I deleted the messages on my phone just in case somehow I was going to be found. Then out of nowhere, Luca and Dominic appear. Luca was pissed beyond relief. Dominic was worried but very angry. They asked what happened, so I lied and told them that I didn't see who attacked me. The location of where I was at was not familiar, so of course, they kept trying to get me to talk. I came up with the story that I drank some punch, and after that, all I remember is that I was here, and being stabbed. They believed me, and Dominic turned me into a werewolf to save my life. I passed out when he bit me, but I could hear Luca as clear as day running off with angry footsteps." Presley stated.