prologue

I have always loved Hogwarts. Hogwarts has been my home for the past four years and I plan for it to be it for three more. My family-- well I wouldn't say they hate me, but they don't quite like me either. You see, my name is Elaine Weasley. Ginny Weasley's twin and I live under her shadow. She's the one who gets acknowledged and praised, while I just sit and watch. Yes, I'm a bit jealous, but if you had lived my life for a day, you would also be. But if you looked at me and didn't know my name, you would never have guessed that I'm a Weasley. Everyone in my family has flaming red hair, except me. I have blond long hair that I always wear half up, half down with a bow in and bright green eyes. The only things me and Ginny share in common is our nose and jawline, other than that, you would think that we're not twins at all.

Fred and George always tease me about being adopted and sometimes I believe them. I don't look like a Wasley at all. Mom and dad have told me numerous times that I'm not adopted and for now, I believe them. Fred and George always joke around so you never know if what they are saying is true or not. So I believe mom and dad more than them. You're probably wondering how a loving family like the Weasley's can't like their child. I get good grades, I can be mischievous sometimes, just like my brothers, and I'm a good girl.

The problem is my house-- lets recap.

"I can't wait to be sorted!"

"Me neither. I hope we both get in Gryffindor."

"Me too, Ginny, me too."

"Weasley, Ginny," Elaine pushes her forward after seeing her hesitate. Ginny looks at her twin a little worried before sitting down on the chair. Almost immediately after the hat was put down on her head, it shouted 'GRYFFINDOR'. Elaine clapped for her sister, then it was her turn. She went up to the chair and sat down.

"Hmm... You're a hard one, miss Weasley. Very different from your family, I see. Everyone in your family has been in Gryffindor, but I don't think you fit in there--"

"What?"

"You'll be miserable in Gryffindor, you'll feel like you don't belong. That's why I'll be putting you in..." he thought for a few moments before shouting "SLYTHERIN!"

Everyone began to whisper wondering how a Weasley could be in Slytherin, a blood-traitor. She looked over at her family, but all of them looked away except Ginny. At least she would still have her sister.

Mom and dad were so proud of Ginny being in Gryffindor, but they had nothing to say to me. When Ron got that howler, mom praised Ginny, but me? I got yelled at in front of everyone. Mom sent me a howler too, saying how disappointed she was in me getting in Slytherin. Dad sent me a letter after that saying that they were sorry and that she just lost her temper for a little, but I don't believe that. Why would they be proud of their Slytherin daughter?

At least I have my friends, Astoria Greengrass and York Badeaux. Astoria is one of the prettiest girls I know. She has this beautiful dark brown hair and these beautiful brown eyes. I envy her so much. All the boys in our year try to ask her out, but she always says no. She has her eyes on someone else. A boy named Theodore Nott whose a year above us. He hasn't noticed her yet, but she's not giving up.

And then we have York. He's from the US and his family came to England because they wanted him to study at Hogwarts instead of Ilvermorny. And I'm so glad they chose that. Me and York go very well together and we can talk for hours about this and that. York loves to colour his hair and currently, he has this dark shade of blue which I love. Of all the colours he has tried out, the blue is my favourite.

"Hey, Weasel--"

"What, Malfoy?" I turn around and drop my books by his sudden closeness. He grabs my wrist and pins me to the wall. He looks around, making sure no one is around before moving closer and closer until our lips meet. I return the kiss right away. Oh, how I have missed him this summer. We break apart and he looks straight into my green eyes and smirks. He moves some of my hair behind my ear with his free hand, while his other is still holding my wrist.

"You become more and more beautiful every time I see you," I look down at my feet, blushing hard. He takes one hand under my chin and moves it up to meet his eyes once more. "Don't hide your face from me, darling. I want--"

"Draco? Are you here?"

He looks at me and nods his head once before letting me go and pointing his wand at me, "Here." He shouts out into the corridor. Then Parkinson, Zabini, Crabbe and Goyle comes from around the corner. "I was just teaching Weasley here a lesson."

"Come on, Draco. She's not worth it. Let's get to class before we get detention for being late."

He lowers his wand, "Fine." Draco went with them, but before turning around he winked at me and I blushed hard-- again. I hate how much affection he has on me and he knows it and uses it against me at every chance he gets. But how did we end up like this? Why don't we recap again?

The young Slytherin student was walking towards an empty table in the library. The one in the far left corner where no one ever went. Except her and another blond-haired Slytherin student. They would always meet and study in silence, not saying a word to each other. Just sharing a few glances and a few small smiles. The same place at the same time every weekend.

Draco had noticed she always studied by herself at that time and went there one day. After that, it had become their thing. Just sitting there. He had always had an eye for her, but her being a Weasley stopped him from doing anything. 'At least she's a Slytherin', he told himself over and over again. 'And she doesn't act like her family, perhaps she isn't a blood-traitor like them?'

For months they worked in silence until one day she decided to speak up. "W- would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me next weekend?" He looked at her surprised. He wasn't expecting her to be the one who spoke first, but seeing that he used too much time to gather up courage, he gets it. Elaine closed her book and packed her stuff, "I'm sorry. I must have gotten the wrong signals." Draco stood up to block her way out.

"No, I would love too. It's just--"

"I'm a Weasley."

"Yes, and if my parents find out about what we are doing, we can't anymore."

"I understand, I'm sorry."

She tries to leave, but he grabs her wrists and pins her to the bookshelves, "But I didn't say we couldn't do this." He leaned in until their lips brushed, but not moving all the way. Her heartbeat was rising fast and she couldn't handle his teasing. He smirked at her, hearing her breath hitch. They stood like that for a few moments until both of them couldn't hold back anymore. Their lips smacked together, moving in sync. He let go of her wrist and moved his hands to her lower back. She moved her hands around his neck and tugged lightly on his hair, earning her a small groan from Draco. They broke apart from lack of air, panting heavily. She began to laugh and buried her face in his shoulder. "That's not how I thought this study session would end."

He chuckles and kisses her neck before answering, "Me neither."

After that kiss, we would still meet at the same place at the same time every weekend. Sometime we would actually study, but for the most part, we would hold hands, talk or just kiss. And no one has suspected anything yet. When we see each other in front of others, we pretend to hate each other and always calls each other stupid names. But we both know we don't mean it. We just have to keep it a secret so that we can keep seeing each other. Both of our families would despite us being together and would split us apart. So, for now, it's our little secret.