11│too much blood

CHAPTER 11: too much blood

The next few weeks Draco and Elaine worked on the cabinet

The next few weeks Draco and Elaine worked on the cabinet. Elaine told him everything the Dark Lord told her and he noticed he hadn't told her anything about what he's going to do. So Draco decided to only tell her about the cabinet and nothing about Dumbledore. She gladly helped him and took a small burden off his shoulders. Now he didn't have to bear it alone. He could talk to someone about it without having to hold back some of the information.

Elaine was sitting on the Slytherin table with her friends, talking about the OWL's that's coming up soon. Draco had tried to help her as much as he could, but they prioritised working on the cabinet. If they failed, they would die and they wouldn't need their education if they're dead. Her face falls as she sees Katie Bell walking into the Great Hall. Harry notices her too and walks towards her. Then at that moment, Draco comes into the Great Hall.

Draco turns around the moment he sees Katie and walks back out of the Hall. Harry follows him and so does Elaine. They walk all the way to the bathroom on the third floor. When she comes closer to the bathroom, she can hear someone fighting. She comes at the moment a spell she hasn't heard before leaves Harry's mouth.

"Sectumsempra!" Elaine walks inside and sees Draco lying on the floor. His chest was bleeding at a fast pace. She runs towards him, tears streaming down her face.

"No, no, Draco, darling. It's alright," he opens his mouth to say something. "No, don't speak. It's alright-- Go get someone! Can't you see he's bleeding out!?" she looks at Harry and shouts angrily at him. He just stands there, stunned at both the spell and the fact that Elaine just called him 'darling'. Professor Snape comes in and pushes Elaine away before muttering a spell. The blood goes into Draco again and his breathing starts to go back to normal.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and tried to wipe her eyes off the tears, but her hands were covered in his blood. Her tears started to fall again and she didn't even notice Professor McGonagall coming in and embracing her in a hug. She cried silently on the way to the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey came and helped right away. She even looked at Elaine, but she wasn't hurt. Not physically at least. She refused to leave his side, so McGonagall helped her clean away all the blood from her. Elaine then sat down by his bed, holding his hand and letting more silent tears run down her face.

When the day had turned into night, he finally woke up. "Hey, there," he tries to sit up. "No, no, don't do that." He takes a deep breath and you can almost hear his pain. He opens his eyes and looks at her with loving eyes before remembering. She sees what he thinks, "I may have exposed us in front of Potter, and I don't know who he could have told. I'm sorry."

He squeezes her hand and she looks up with tearful eyes, "It's alright. It was bound to come out one day. We did get two wonderful years in secret. And now that you work for him, I think my parents will accept you--" she smiles at him with tears streaming down her face for the millionth time that day. She kisses him before leaving. When she walks out she sees someone was waiting for her. The trio and her sister.

"How is he?"

Elaine looks at him in disbelief, "Wouldn't you like to know that, Potter?" she sneers.

"How long?" the confidence she had before disappeared at the sudden question from her brother. "How long, Elaine?"

"Two years--"

"Two years?!" they all shout in unison. She just nods her head.

"So every time he's been bad to you and almost hexed you or when he mocks you, it has all been for show? You both were acting like you hated each other for two years?"

"Yes, we were because of this very reason. You wouldn't accept it if I told you the moment we got together or after we were married--"

"You're getting married?!" she scoffs. "You can be so stupid sometimes, Ron... I'm sorry, but I really don't want to deal with this right now. I just watched my boyfriend almost die in front of my eyes and I'm tired. If you want to fight with me then do it when I'm not traumatised by the events that happened earlier," she starts to walk away, not even acknowledging their shouts of her name. Elaine walks into the common room and all eyes fall on her and her bloodied clothes. Wow, rumours travel fast in this castle. Draco's friends look at her like she is some kind of prey waiting to be killed. She keeps her head held high and tries to walk towards her dorm but gets stopped by someone grabbing her arm. She turned around, seeing York's worried eyes.

"Are you alright?"

"Me or my boyfriend?" a few gasps spread around the room. "We're fine, both of us," she yanks away her arm and turns around again. She didn't mean to be so mean to him, but her anger of everything that had happened that day just popped out. She got to her dorm and went straight for the bathroom taking off her clothes and stepping into the shower. There was still some dried blood sticking to her skin that they didn't get off with just a handkerchief and some water, so she needed to get all his blood from her skin.

She ran her fingers through her hair and scrubbed away all the dried blood on her arms. When she came to her left arm, she traced a finger around the mark and started crying. She sat down on the shower floor and cried. Cried until there were no more tears. After some time Astoria came in, being worried since Elaine had been in there for so long. She wrapped her in a towel and let her get dressed. In her dorm sat York on her bed. He embraced her and drew small circles on her back. That night, York and Astoria slept beside her in the bed, making sure she was really alright. Seeing a loved one getting hurt that badly isn't an easy thing and her friends didn't want to leave her alone.

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from the Harry Potter movie scripts, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.