9│the manor

CHAPTER 9: the manor

Elaine was so happy. She was finally let out of the hospital and just in time for the Christmas party that Slughorn was going to throw. Everyone wasn't looking forward to it, but she did. Probably because she hadn't been outside of the hospital wing in a month. Except when she sneaked out to paint. She went to her dorm to get a dress for the party. She chose a white lace dress with see-through sleeves and paired it with some off white short heels. She decided to not wear any makeup and walked to the party. Elaine wasn't bringing anyone, not that she had anyone. Draco wasn't an option and after what happened with Mason, she didn't dear ask another guy.

When she walked in, her sister embraced her and asked her to stand with her. She stands beside her awkwardly and tries to mingle with people, but Elaine isn't one to speak much with other people. The night went pretty fast, faster for her liking and then someone she hadn't expected came in. Filch was holding Draco by his neck. She locked eyes with him and he relaxed instantly. 'Wow, she looks beautiful', he thought to himself, but then he remembered where he was and tensed up again. Elaine was wondering what was going on and followed him and Snape out. She stood by the corner and listened.

"Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?"

"I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow--" The Unbreakable Vow? Why?

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this! Out of all others. Me! And I won't fail him."

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you--"

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment!" She sees Snape walk away and goes towards Draco. She calls his name, but he just walks away. What's going on? He hexed Katie-- and me? Harry comes towards her and places a hand on her shoulder.

"I-- I..."

"Have you seen him act suspicious lately?"

"I don't notice him that much. Not so that I can know if he's acting off."

"You're right. I'm sorry," she smiles at him and walks back to her dorm deep in thought of what she just heard.

ελάιν

"Draco's plotting something, I know it, something to do with Voldemort. He's been given a task or a mission and Snape was offering to help."

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Remus asks Harry in disbelief.

"I know it sounds mad--" It does. Or maybe not. Perhaps that's why he's been so distant? To protect me? She continues to read her book trying to block out all sound. She's so into her book that she doesn't notice the trouble happening outside, not until something came through the house and grabbed her. She screamed loudly, the last thing she heard was someone screaming her name, "Elaine!!"

The cloud of smoke brought her all the way to a big dark manor. The person grabbed her arm harshly and walked her through doors and hallways until they came into a big drawing-room with a long table and many chairs. On the end of that table sat a man, no, he almost can't be seen as a man anymore. Lord Voldemort sat there. She looked to her right and saw that it was Bellatrix Lestrange who brought her here. She pushed Elaine forward and she walked slowly towards him, her eyes filled with fear.

"Elaine Weasley. Welcome," he says with a horrifying smile. "Sit down," he points at the chair on his right and she walks towards it. After she's seated, he speaks again, "Now, you're probably wondering why I brought you here?" she nods. "I want you to help Draco Malfoy. He's on a mission at Hogwarts and I believe he could use some help."

She swallows hard and tries to gather up the courage to speak, "W-what can I do to help?"

"I've kept an eye on you, you're an exceptional young witch with many talents. I think you'll be a great asset on our side."

"And what if I refuse?"

He laughs the most terrifying laugh she had ever heard. Bellatrix moves towards them with a psychotic laugh, "The girl has some bravery in her. Should have been placed in Gryffindor with your family?"

"I'm not like my family!" she suddenly feels her courage coming up, but it's gone as fast as it came.

"No, you're not and I wouldn't refuse if I were you. But if you do refuse, everything you love will be destroyed. Your friends, family-- and your dear Draco," her head shoots up by his last words. "Yes, I know about that-- So, what do you say? Yes or no?"

Yes or no? You mean slavery or death of me and my loved ones?

"Yes--" he smiles maniacally and Bellatrix grabs Elaine's left hand. She lifts up her sleeve and Voldemort puts his wand on her forearm. She tries to hold it in, but it hurts so much. She screams loudly. When he's done she takes back her arm and looks at it. She runs a finger over the mark and then a cloud of smoke surrounds her.

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from the Harry Potter movie scripts, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.