4│the battle of ministry

CHAPTER 4: the battle of ministry

They were moving in a fast paste closer and closer to where Harry saw Sirius in his vision

They were moving in a fast paste closer and closer to where Harry saw Sirius in his vision. He's counting-- 95, 96, 97...

"He should be here!" Harry looks around, "Sirius!"

Elaine looks behind her. She thought she heard a sound and goes to check it out, "Elaine?"

"I thought I heard something," she moves closer and closer to the end of the shelf and sees someone with a mask coming towards her. She walks slowly back to the others, not taking her eyes off the Death Eater, wand raised. When she gets back, she sees that they all are surrounded by multiple Death Eaters, including Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange. Neville moves forward and points his wand at Bellatrix. She just laughs at him.

Then Harry tells them all to run, which they do. Spells fly over their heads and they try to throw some spells back at them. Some of them hit, but not all of them. They jump inside the door they came through and fall down. Right before they hit the ground, something catches them. They got up from the floor and Harry walked towards an archway that was in the middle of the room.

"The voices. Can you tell what they're saying?"

"There aren't any voices, Harry. Let's get out of here--" Luna cuts Hermione off, "I hear them too."

Elaine moves towards the two, "I can hear them too." Ginny looks at her twin with worried eyes, she grabs her arm but then they hear a sound and the Death Eaters comes again. Harry tells them to get behind him, but there is no use. They get caught by them and held at wand point. Elaine tries to get free, but the wand sticking painly to her neck eliminates that possibility. Lucius comes towards Harry and asks him to give up the prophecy. Harry does after seeing there is no possible way for them to get out of this mess.

A few seconds after he gave it away, clouds of white came down to them and Sirius punched Lucius right in his face. Elaine uses this as a chance to get out of the hold of the Death Eater that was holding her. She moves one of her legs farther back, takes his hand and throws him over her shoulder. She puts a foot hard against his throat and mutters a spell to immobilize him. Tonks looks at her with an impressed smile plastered on her face. Elaine brushes the hair out of her face and continues to help with the battle. 

Then she sees something she didn't want to see. Sirius dying right in front of her eyes. She freezes and hears the horrifying screams of Harry. Elaine never liked Sirius and wasn't sure if she believed him, but she never wanted to see him die right in front of her. No one deserves to die no matter what the reason is. Ginny runs up to her and saves her from a spell that was aimed for Elaine. She was still shocked over what she saw and had a hard time coming back to reality. This brought back too many memories.

They were able to fight off all the Death Eaters and went to where Harry ran. When they got out to the entrance hall of the Ministry, they saw him lying on the floor looking like he was in pain. Ginny laid her head on her twin's shoulder who lay an arm around her. Elaine knows her sister's feelings for Harry and that it must be hard for her to see him like that. Suddenly, a wall of dust comes around him and they see the Dark Lord standing over Harry. Ginny runs forward.

"Harry!" Elaine catches her arm.

"Ginny," she hisses and tries to bring her back. Elaine locks eyes for a few seconds with the Dark Lord before he gets distracted by the staff of the Ministry coming in. "He's back--" the minister says and the Dark Lord apparates away. Elaine lets go of her sister, who runs towards Harry. Her father comes up behind her and puts an arm around her shoulders. She buries her face in his side, letting a few tears run down her face. So much has happened that day. They escaping from Umbridge and going to the Ministry, fighting Death Eaters and watching Sirius die right in front of her eyes. Almost too much for a young 14-year-old girl.

ελάιν

Draco walked back and forth in the room of requirements. He put a note in her dorm, asking her to meet him here. He's been waiting for an hour now and is scared that she won't show. He sits down on the sofa, his foot trembling. Then he hears the door open and she comes in. He hugs her right away and then takes a look at her face seeing some small bruises all over her face. He brushes lightly over every one of them with care. She flinches as he touches the on running across her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been that angry at you," she looks down at the floor. "I was so obsessed with that stupid squad and I acted like a total git."

Elaine chuckles under her breath, "Yes, you did."

"I'm glad we agree," he moves his hands up to her face and cups them. He looks into her eyes for a few moments before leaning in and smacking his lips against hers. She moves her arms around his neck while he moves one of his hands to her lower back to moves her closer. They break apart, foreheads sticking together.

"I love you, Elaine Weasley."

Her breath hitches, that's the first time they have ever said those three words. He starts to understand that it may have been wrong of him to say and tries to move away, but she moves his head towards her and kisses him hard on the lips. "I love you, too, you dork."

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie script, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.