3│what side are you on?

CHAPTER 3: what side are you on?

"Wait, wait. Explain again, from the start." Astoria had just told them about her date with Nott and how they now, have supposedly began dating. They have been sending letters back and forth all winter break.

"Okay, the date started a little awkward, but then it started to get better and better. Then at the end of the date, he kissed me," she squealed at the thought of it. "And then we started sending letters in the winter break and when we stared at school again he asked me to be his girlfriend!"

York and Elaine shared a few glances before he spoke up, "He sounds like a playboy to me."

"What, no!"

"I agree with York on this one."

"What about that boy you always write with, York? I have always thought that Durmstrang boy was a playboy. He always clawed on you when they were here."

"That's true," Elaine says and York crosses his arms. "Who's side are you on?"

"I'm on my side," Astoria takes some snow from the ground and throws it at Elaine. She fake pouts and gets some snow from the ground herself and intended to throw it at Astoria, but hit York instead. She saw his face change and tried to get away, but he caught up to her and threw snow in her face. Then a big snow fight started between them. They didn't care about the others around them, almost as they forgot they were by people. The three of them laughed and ran around.

A group of older Slytherin students walked by and stopped when they saw the three younger students. They laughed at them and thought they were childish. Draco kept his eyes on Elaine. One thing he really loved about her, was her smile. He loved it and especially loved her laugh. The way she laughs like she has no worry in the world.

ελάιν

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up," Elaine was standing beside her twin trying to produce a patronus. "A corporeal Patronus is the most difficult to produce, but shield forms can also be extremely useful against a variety of opponents. Now remember: Your Patronus can only protect you as long as you stay focused."

She tried to think of a memory she could use, but had a hard time coming up with a good enough one. Then she thought of one that could work. She thought about the first time she and Draco kissed. After thinking and focusing she said the spell and out of her wand came out a big dragon. It started to go around her and she giggled. A dragon, I wonder why... Ginny looks at her and gives her a proud smile. Her twin had already got it earlier and was helping Elaine to get it right.

Then all of the patronuses disappeared as a loud thud could be heard. Harry and Nigel, a younger Gryffindor, moved towards one of the walls and then the wall suddenly exploded. The two boys were able to get away before the wall fell. Everyone placed themself in front of where the wall had collapsed. They looked outside and saw Umbridge, Filch, the Inquisitor squad and Cho. Harry and the others looked disgusted at her. Draco was looking over them with a smirk, but his smirk fell when he locked eyes with Elaine. His expression turned into an angry look.

Umbridge grabbed Harry and a few others and brought them up to Dumbledore's office. Filch brought the others somewhere, but Draco grabbed Elaine's arm hard and brought her to the other side of the hall where they could go into their room of requirements. He pushed her in harshly and started pacing around some before talking.

"Why-- no let me rearrange that, how did you do this right under my nose?"

"It wasn't that hard. You believed so deeply that i wasn't part of it, so whenever I was gone, you never thought of the possibility of me being part of the DA."

"You--" he takes a deep breath. "I can't believe it. I have been talking to you about everything that has to do with the squad and the DA, and I have been ranting on about how I hated them, and you were one of them?!"

"Draco--"

"Don't Draco me!" he walks out of the room and leaves her all alone. Elaine moves over to the table and pushes everything that was on the table aside harshly, so everything falls on the floor with a scatter. She sits down on the floor and sobs loudly into her knees. After she's calmed down, she goes back to her dorm and goes to bed right away, exhausted by everything that happened that day.

A few days later was the OWL's exam for the fifth years. Elaine promised she would help him study, but that didn't happen. After their fight, they hadn't been talking at all. Draco didn't share a single glance with her. It broke her heart, and she wished she never joined the DA. She sent an owl with an anonymous letter, telling him good luck for today. She swore she saw a faint smile on his lips when he read it, but it washed away as quickly as it came.

Elaine put away her book as she saw the whole fifth year run outside. Her brothers came out on brooms with a firework show. She placed herself beside her twin and laughed and clapped along with everyone.

ελάιν

"When are you going to get it through your head, Harry--we're in this together!"

"That--you--are," Umbridge says as she steps in together with her squad. The squad takes hold of different members of the army. Draco holds Elaine. He grabs her hand and intagles his fingers with hers behind her back, she relaxes instantly by his small gesture and is unable to focus on the conversation in front of her.

"I'm sorry..." he whispers in her ear.

"I don't think this is the right time for this, Love."

"I just--"

He gets cut off by Hermione's shouting, "Tell her, Harry!"

"Tell me...what?" Harry stares at Hermione, bewildered. "Well if you won't tell her where it is, I will! It's not worth another student dying!"

"Where what is?

"Dumbledore's secret weapon," Umbridge takes Harry and Hermione with her out in the woods while the others stay behind. Ron suddenly remembered that he had a few sweets in his pocket and tried to eat some, but the Squad took it from him and started eating. Elaine told Draco to not eat it, and he trusted her. The sweets Ron had in his pocket was Puking Pastilles and she didn't want him to go through the consequences of taking it.

They got their wands and ran out of her office and met Harry and Hermione at the border of the forbidden forest. They got on a few Thestrals and flyed all the way to the Ministry where they met something-- or someone they weren't expecting.  

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie script, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.