18│nineteen years later

CHAPTER 18: nineteen years later

The morning sun was peeking through the large window of one of the bedrooms in the mansion

The morning sun was peeking through the large window of one of the bedrooms in the mansion. The young woman got up from the bed and put a bathrobe around her. The room was as cold as every other morning and the sun didn't give any warmth on this early winter morning. The sun glowed in her green orbs, making them even more beautiful than ever. She opened the large french doors and let the cold breeze touch her skin, making goosebumps all over her bare legs. She shivered under the cold air but kept the doors open nonetheless. In the distance, you could hear birds chirping and the light footsteps of deers running around. She closed her eyes trying to imagine them running, how free they must feel.

As she was standing in front of the open doors, someone came up behind her and put his arms around her shoulders, kissing the side of her head, "Good morning, sunshine." She opened her eyes slowly with a smile on her face.

"Good morning," he moved away her blond hair, that was now shoulder length, and left sloppy kisses on her neck. She closed her eyes once more and could feel him smiling as she placed her hands on his. Then a harsh wind washed over them and they both shivered under the cold air. The man let go of his wife and went over to the french doors to close them. "I don't understand how you can do this every morning and not freeze to death."

"I've encountered death so many times, that some cold air won't be the way I go down," he chuckles at her joke and kisses her quick on the lips before walking over to the bed to wake the two children lying there. He jumps onto the bed with a rawr and starts to tickle them.

"No, daddy!" the young girl says through laughter.

"Dad!" the young boy says grumpily. The woman moves over to them, trying to stop her husband to no use. "Come on, Love. They need to get ready so that we're not late at the Platform. We need too--"

"Be there by 10 am to meet our family," the three of them says in unison. When they noticed, the three of them began laughing. The woman just glared at them and they hurried out of bed leaving the room to get ready. After they had gone she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and went over to the french doors again, this time fully dressed with a little help of magic. Her husband saw the look on his wife's face as he came out of the bathroom.

"I can't believe it's already been nineteen years. Nineteen years since we both were free."

"I know. And now we're sending our children to the very same school as we went to," he lets out a breath at the thought of Hogwarts. "What house do you think they'll be in?"

"Hmm... Scorpius will probably be in Slytherin and Gigi-- Ravenclaw!"

"Ravenclaw? I hoped they both would be in Slytherin," she turned around hitting him hard and pointing a finger at her husband accusingly. "Hey, it doesn't matter what house they'll be in!" he moves his hands up in surrender while trying to hide his laughter. She hits him again, but this time she can't help a smile run over her lips.