8│the big house

CHAPTER 8: the big house

Madam Pomfrey said that it was good Draco helped Elaine

Madam Pomfrey said that it was good Draco helped Elaine. If she had come in any later, she would maybe have been beyond saving. But even though, her curse didn't have that much effect on her and was easy to heal. She had to stay a few weeks in the Hospital Wing and had a lot of people visit her and give her gifts. Some people she didn't even know and some she did. Her mother and father came once right after she was cursed. She didn't know about it until after she woke up and was surprised when she heard it.

Elaine felt her eyes flatter up and she looked around the room. She tried to sit up, but then she noticed something holding her hand down. She looked to her right and saw the stormy grey eyes of the person she loves. He let go of her hand a little so she could sit up and then he grabbed her hand again. He smiles slightly at her with sorrow leaking from his eyes.

"Why is it that this year you only come when I'm physically hurt? What about the times I needed you when I didn't have a shoulder to cry on, or when I just needed a hug from the person who means the world to me?" he looks down. "I understand that you're having it though right now. That there's something happening in your life that you won't tell me, but let me at least be there for you! You don't need to tell me anything. I can just sit with you, hug you, kiss you, make you feel at least a little better, but I can't if you push me away."

"I'm sorry," he says as he lets go of her hand and begins to walk towards the door.

"Is that all you can say? I'm sorry?!" he walks completely out of the door, "Draco?!" She lays down again, back facing the door and cries silently until she falls asleep.

ελάιν

"Come on mate. She came at the same time as us," Elaine sturs in her bed, wondering who decided to argue loudly in the hospital wing.

"I just want to know what Elaine may have seen."

She sits up and turns towards the trio, "Seen what?"

"Elaine, are you alright?" she nods her head at Hermione with a slight smile.

"May I ask you a question?"

"If it is about the necklace, then no." He opens his mouth to protest, but she cuts him off, "I know just as much as you. I came to help when I saw her fly into the air. I'm sorry I can't be of more help." Hermione grabs the two boys and walks out of the room. She sighs heavily and lays down again, but not for long. She grabs her robe and starts to walk out. She's not supposed to walk yet, Pomfrey gave her a clear message about not leaving her bed, but Elaine couldn't lay there anymore.

Her feets brought her to their room. She opened the door and felt the familiar smell and that lovely warmth against her skin. She moved over to the piano and brushed her fingers over the keys, but she didn't want to play right now. Then she noticed that in the corner sat her easel with the canvas of a painting she never got to finish. She puts a spell on the piano to make it play some background music and then moves over to the easel.

She hums along to the melody and starts to paint again. Her brush moves gracefully around the canvas painting with different colours. Red, pink, blue, purple. She smiles to herself at the memory of what she's painting. Elaine remembers it so clearly.

A young girl was walking towards an old house in the woods. She had gotten angry at her family and went outside to clear her head. Then she noticed an old big house in the woods. Usually, when young children like Elaine see an abandoned house like this, they get scared, but not her. She loved it. The colour of the house was white, but it had faded some and looked more like a light yellow. The house had two floors and a dark brown roof. It had big windows and flowers that were still alive. Around the house, there were hanging trees and behind the house was a small pond with some koi fish in it.

Elaine ran all the way home. She opened the door, got herself some pencils and a notebook and ran out again. The others looked at her with questioning eyes and Arthur followed her. Elaine didn't notice, but she didn't care as long as he didn't bother her. She sat herself down on the ground in front of the house and started drawing the house. Arthur smiled at his daughter and went back to the house and got a blanket and some snacks before walking back to where his daughter sat. Later on, Molly and her brothers came too, wondering what was going on. All day she sat there just drawing the house. Drawing all the details she could.

She smiled to herself and so caught up in the memory that she didn't notice someone coming inside. He laid a hand on her shoulder and she was startled, turning around fast in her chair pointing the paintbrush at the person in front of her. He put up his hands in surrender.

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed to clear my thoughts. I didn't think you would be here since you're supposed to be in the hospital wing."

"I didn't want to just lay there anymore so I came here."

"People are looking for you, so you should probably go down there," he opened his mouth as to speak, but nothing came out. He used a few seconds before saying it. "Don't go home this Christmas."

"What?"

"Don't g--"

"I heard what you said, but what?"

"Just don't, please," he says and walks out of the room. What is it with him and walking out in the middle of something this year? She sighs heavily and sets down her brush in the glass with water and starts on the long way down to the hospital wing. When she gets there, Ginny embraces her in a bone-crushing hug telling her how worried she was. Elaine kept telling her over and over she's fine. Madam Pomfrey told her off and told her to not leave before she's allowed to.