14│don't cry sweetheart

CHAPTER 14: don't cry, sweetheart

Elaine was getting ready in her room

Elaine was getting ready in her room. She wore a royal blue knee-high dress and put on a cropped cardigan over it to hide her Mark. She put on some light makeup and put up her hair in her usual updo. Half up, half down with a royal blue ribbon. She smiled at herself in the mirror before walking downstairs. She saw George walking into the kitchen with a mischievous smirk and decided to follow him. When she came to the kitchen quietly she saw Potter and her twin sister kissing. Her eyes grew wide at the sight, but a smirk was plastered on her face. George looked at her and counted to three with his fingers.

"Morning," the two of them say in unison. They break apart looking rather flushed. Ginny's face is almost as red as her hair and Elaine can't help but laugh at her sister's expression. Her smirk didn't even fall when her sister hit her hard on her shoulder, but when the Minister of Magic walked in to meet the trio, her whole face fell. They locked eyes and they stood there for a few seconds just staring. Then the trio came and their gase was cut.

Then the wedding started. It was a beautiful reception and the after-party had just started. Elaine didn't feel like dancing or doing anything, so she grabbed her book and sat down by a table in the back just reading. Fred and George came to keep her with company since they thought she looked so lonely where she sat by herself. Then chaos erupted. A Patronus came and told them the Ministry had fallen. Her brothers brought her with them and at that time Elaine was a little happy she was a Death Eater because no one attacked her or her brothers while they were fleeing. They apparated outside of the safe house and shortly after, the rest of the family arrived.

ελάιν

Elaine paced the room in deep thought. I have to leave. I can't stay here-- her thoughts get cut off as her arm starts to burn again. Ever since they came to the safe house a few hours ago, her arm has been burning non-stop. Sometimes she can handle the pain of it burning, but sometimes it's too much. She was so in her thoughts and the feeling of pain in her forearm that she didn't notice everyone coming into the living room looking at her worried.

"Elli?" Ginny questioned with worry in his voice. Elaine looked up at her sister with tears threatening to spill, but she wouldn't let them leave.

"I can't stay, I'm sorry," she gets her bag that Hermione helped her put an expansion spell on and starts walking towards the door. Arthur grabs her arm looking her deep in her eyes.

"Why? You're safe here--"

"Yes, I am, but not you-- You know the Christmas when I disappeared? And I said I didn't remember anything? That was a lie, I remember it all too well." Arthur steps back so that she can see them all while she explains. "When Bellatrix went through the house she grabbed me with her and took me to the Malfoy Manor where I met with the Dark Lord-- and-- and..." she wasn't able to finish the sentence. It was hard enough to tell George when she thought he was asleep. George walked towards her and hugged her tightly, kissing her forehead.