6│i miss us

CHAPTER 6: i miss us

The Great Hall was bussing with noises

The Great Hall was bussing with noises. People all around were talking, shouting, laughing and running around. Elaine couldn't focus on anything and had a bad headache. There was this screeching sound in her head that wouldn't leave. After her fight with Draco last night, she didn't bother to go to the dinner and decided to just go back to her dorm. She told a teacher and laid down on her bed. Not that she was able to sleep. All she could think about was their fight and how she could have maybe done it differently so it didn't end up in a fight. She thought of different situations, but everyone ended up in them fighting.

"Earth to Elaine. Anyone there?" York asks and waves a hand in front of her face.

"I'm going to the hospital wing, I'm not feeling that good." Elaine gets up from the bench and starts to walk out of the Great Hall. Ginny sees her sister walking out of the hall looking very pale and decides to follow her. She caught up to her and helped her walk to the hospital wing. When they get there, Ginny places her twin on one of the beds and goes looking for Madam Pomfrey. The school healer comes right away.

"Dear, child. You're burning up!" she runs to her storage and comes back out with a potion. She makes Elaine drink it and then places her back down on the bed. "You'll feel better after some sleep," she turns to Ginny. "You should head over to class, if anything happens I'll come for you. Okay?"

She nods her head, takes one look at her sister before walking out. When she came back to the Great Hall, Ginny went over to her sister's friends and told them about Elaine having a fever and that she'll be better later today, according to Madam Pomfrey. They get worried for her and make a mental note to go to her after class.

Back in the hospital wing, Draco was sitting beside her bed. He's supposed to be in class, but the only way he could see her without blowing their secret was to meet her at this time. He feels like it was his fault she got sick. He kisses her knuckles and apologises before walking out of the hospital wing. He walked to his first class of the day, potions. The teacher just gave him a warning for being late and he placed himself beside Pansy and the others. When he walked by the table in front he swore he could smell Elaine. Paint, old books and roses. He smiled slightly to himself.

"Now, as I was saying, I've prepared a few concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?"

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. And that..." she gets cut off by Harry and Ron fighting over a book. She shakes her head and continues. "... is Amortentia! The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them."

'To what attracts them?' Draco thinks and looks down at his feet, but then his thoughts get cut off when he finds something very interesting. Felix Felicis or more commonly known as Liquid Luck. If he had that, killing Dumbledore would be so much easier. Draco tried his very best but wasn't able to make the potion. In the end, Harry got the Felix Felicis. Of course, it had to be Harry, didn't it?

ελάιν

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes, how many times do I have to tell you both? I'm alright, Madam Pomfrey is a really good healer," they nodded at that statement and continued walking towards the black lake to study. They had a free period and decided to study outside on this beautiful sunny day. The school nurse let her out this morning and told her to come back if she wasn't feeling well again. They sat themselves down by the big tree trunk, looking out on the horizon. Elaine opened her book and started to read. She heard someone approaching and looked up, seeing Theodore Nott coming towards them. He sat down beside Astoria, kissing her before putting an arm around her.

Elaine couldn't help thinking about her and Draco when she saw the two of them. Even though no one knew about their relationship or couldn't know about it, they still had dates. One of them was right here where they were sitting.

The young couple were walking towards the lake, hand in hand. They tried to make sure no one saw them, especially Filch. They arrived by the lake and sat down by the tree trunk. Draco put an arm around her shoulders and moved her closer to her. She nuzzled up to his side listening to his heartbeat. He stroked her hair and kissed her temple.

"I wish we could do this every day."

"I do too, but our families--"

"I know, I know," she takes a deep breath. Draco moves her face so she's looking into his eyes, "Hey, at least we get to be together. There's nothing wrong with having a secret," he kisses her lightly on the lips.

"Especially a secret like this," he pushes her down on the grass and moves on top of her. She giggles into the kiss.

She smiles at the memory and looks down at her book again. She can hear the giggles of Astoria and the weird sounds York is making. "Oh, come on. You were the same a year ago!"

"I was not!!"

"Yes, you were, York. You were even worse than Tora!"

"You were worse than us, even I noticed..."

"Hey, you're not part of this conversation, Nott."

"Don't attack him like that!" Elaine giggles at their stupidity and continues to read her book. Smiling once again thinking about the memory, but also because of her wonderful friends. What would I do without them?