7│help

CHAPTER 7: help

The group of three was running towards their potions class

The group of three was running towards their potions class. Astoria and Elaine overslept and York had to drag them out of bed. They ran as fast as they could. Today they had a class together with some Ravenclaws. Usually, they would have it together with Gryfindor, but something in their timetable was wrong and they were set up with Ravenclaws. Not that she minds, but now Elaine won't have as many classes with her sister as she used to have.

They rushed inside, panting after their run. They tried to come up with an explanation to Professor Slughorn but ended up talking over each other with different stories. When they noticed they were talking over each other they turned and looked into each of their eyes and laughed. Slughorn told them to sit down and just gave them a warning. York and Astoria sat down with each other, so Elaine had to sit down by this Ravenclaw boy.

She smiled at him and he smiled back. He reached out with his hand and introduced himself, Mason Adams. She shook his hand gladly and introduced herself, then she took up her book and started to write notes. Elaine noticed that he was looking at her the entire time and had a hard time concentrating. When class was done, he asked her if she wanted to study with him later that day. She smiled at him and said sure. It's just studying. Nothing bad with that, right?

"What did he want?"

"He asked if I wanted to study with him later, and I said yes."

They squealed on her behalf, "Did you notice him looking at you through the whole class?"

"Yes, I did," they linked their arms on each side of her and started giving her all sorts of advice. If only they knew she had been in a relationship for over a year now. Elaine didn't think of this as a date or flirting, she just thought of it as being friendly.

After their last class, she met Mason at the table where she and Draco would usually meet. She thought it was a little weird he would choose this place since it's so shielded from everyone else, but didn't ask. "What did you want to study?"

"Well, I have been thinking for a while--"

"And?"

"Are you single?" he asks and moves closer to her. She tries to move away from him.

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me," he moves closer and closer and she moves further and further away until her back hits the wall and she closes her eyes in fear. He put an arm on the wall and leaned in, "Are. You. Single."

"I--I'm..." suddenly someone grabs his arm and pushes him away. The boy places himself in front of her and points his wand at Mason.

"Get out of here before I hex you!" she recognizes his voice right away and relaxes her head against his back letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Mason gets his stuff and runs out of the library. Draco turns around as he hears small sobs coming from behind him. He turns around and hugs her, running his hand up and down her back. She just stands there completely frozen with tears streaming down her face. After some time, he looks at her face and wipes away her tears. He kisses her forehead and leaves.

Elaine puts her back against the wall and slides down. She pushes her knees against her chest. Later that day, her friends went to look for her. They find her curled up in the corner, looking out into nothingness. They run immediately for her asking her if she's alright. She tells them what happened, but leaves out Draco. She tells them some random Slytherin helped her. They haul her up from the floor and take her back to their dorm. When they come inside the common room, Draco looks at her, feeling bad that he just left her there. He tells himself that it is for the best, but he's never able to believe it completely.

ελάιν

The next day, Elaine pretended what happened before didn't happen. Her friends were worried about her. Whenever she saw Mason or walked past him, she pointed her wand at him graciously and without anyone but her and him noticing it. He began to fear her and always tried to avoid her. The next few months went pretty well. Elaine didn't have any trouble with anyone else and Draco still acted distant to her. What she didn't see was that he's been looking after her whenever he could. He couldn't have her being hurt because of him on his conscience.

Elaine was walking down to the Three Broomsticks with her friends. She usually doesn't like to go to Hogsmeade, but her friends convinced her and she had a few Christmas gifts she had to buy. They went inside and sat down on a table, ordering three butterbeers.

York nudges her shoulder and points towards a table in the corner, "Isn't that your sister snogging Dean Thomas?"

"Yes, they have been a thing lately. It's disgusting if you ask me," their Butterbeers arrive and then Professor Slughorn comes towards their table.

"Ahh, Miss Weasley. In the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper and invite a select student or two. What do you think? Would you come?"

"Of course, Professor. I'd be delighted," she smiles at the professor and then she notices something behind him. Draco rushing out of the Three Broomsticks in a hurry. She asks if they can begin to walk back to the school and her friends agree. They start to walk out and suddenly they see Katie Bell, an older Gryffindor, fly into the air. Elaine runs towards her to help. She kneels down by the necklace Katie was holding and touches it, but she takes away her hand quickly as Hagrid shouts her name.

"Don't touch that--" Harry moves her out of the way and takes up the necklace with his scarf. Ron comes over to her and asks if she's alright. She just nods her head and walks back to her friends. "Let's go?" they nod their head at her and start the walk towards their common room. They walk inside and Elaine starts to feel a little dizzy and grabs York's hand.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just a little di--" she's not able to finish the sentence before she falls over landing hard on the floor. "Elaine!" her two friends say in unison. They try to wake her up, but she's barely breathing. Draco looks over at them with wide eyes. He grabs Pansy's hand and hauls her to them. She tries to protest.

"We're prefects, so let's help them!"

"They can take her themselves."

"Pansy!" she looks at him a little scared after his sudden outburst. "Fine," Draco scoops her up from the floor and starts walking towards the hospital wing with her friends on his heels. Inside he's praying she's alright. He remembers seeing her in the Three Broomsticks and is afraid that this is his fault. Again.

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from the Harry Potter movie scripts, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.