Chapter 1: Lagos

I'm currently sitting across from Natasha, sipping my cup of coffee. Currently Steve is testing Wanda on her new spy skills, since we are teaching her about that side of the job. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asks through the comms.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute," Wanda says.

"It's also bullet proof," I added. "Which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for someone. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda says.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Natasha says.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam says.

"Not to my face, why? Did you hear something?" Natasha says, which makes me roll my eyes.

"Eyes on target folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him," Steve says.

"If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem," Sam adds. "He kind of hates us."

"Still don't know how that guy is alive. I clearly remember SHIELD headquarters falling on him," I say. Pietro wasn't on this mission, from him still healing, but he's allowed to go on missions later this week. He's lucky he's got speed healing, or he would be out for months.

I look around, not noticing anything suspicious yet. Then Sam tags a garbage truck, finding out they are using it as a battering ram.

"Go now, he's not hitting the police," Steve says. Natasha and I looked at each other, and ran to our motorcycle. We both hop on, and start riding towards where the garbage truck went.

"Go to the back of the building," I say, seeing Rumlow walking out of there. Natasha switches her direction, heading to the back of the building.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon," Steve says.

"We're on it," I say, and hop off the motorcycle while Nat throws it at one of the agents, making him fall. I ran over towards the van, knocking out the driver by smashing his head into the steering wheel. I went against another agent and I threw one of Natasha's electric chips at him, making him paralyzed.

2 more agents come at me, and I easily take them down. I look to my left, seeing Rumlow and Nat going at it. I see her using her electric band on him and he isn't fazed at all. He kicks her into the truck, and puts a bomb into the truck.

I take out my gun and start firing at him, but it doesn't make a dent. He jumps off the roof, and I see Nat getting blown out of the truck. "Nat!" I yell, and run to her side. I look to see what Rumlow is doing, and he is about to fire at Steve who came out the back.

"Steve, watch your 9!" I yelled, and right when he looked, Rumlow fired. Rumlow started to move, so I helped Nat up. "Come on, he is getting away." Nat used the motorcycle while I said, "Sam, could use a lift."

"Got it," he says. He flies down, and lifts me up, and we follow Rumlows truck. I see 4 agents and Rumlow get out of the truck. Sam and I land on a roof in the city, and he scans the people.

"I got 4, they're splitting up," Sam says. I turn around and see Rumlow.

"I see Rumlow, going after him," I say. I jump off the roof, and run after him. I see Steve, kneeling on the ground, and then Rumlow throws a bomb on his shield. Steve throws it up in the air, but then gets punched in the back.

"There you are, you son of a bitch," Rumlow says. "I've been waiting for this." He punches Steve again, making him fly back. I jump onto a table, then onto Rumlows back. I try and get my knife out of my boot, but he throws me over his shoulder, making me land on the ground.

I roll over in pain, "Thanks for dropping a building on me." I look up at him, seeing him in front of me, wearing a mask.

"Last time I remembered, that's your fault for trying to blow up DC," I say, and he punches me in the face. I fall down again at the impact. I look up to see Rumlow fighting Steve, and I feel the blood dripping from my mouth.

I slowly get up, and start directing people away from Rumlow. The last thing we need is people getting hurt that don't need to be. I see out of the corner of my eye, Rumlow falling to the ground.

I turn around, and I hold my gun up, aiming at Rumlow. He takes off his helmet, and shows the scars that he has. Steve gets a hold of him, and takes a look at his face.

"I think I look pretty good, all things considered," Rumlow says, and I roll my eyes.

"Who's your buyer?" Steve says, shaking him slightly.

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky," Rumlows says, and once he says that, I moved closer, not taking my gun down. I was first recruited by Natasha and Fury during and for that mission, so I knew what Rumlow was talking about, and how it would distract Steve.

"What did you say?" Steve says, shaking him again.

"He remembered you," Rumlow says.

"Steve, stay focused," I say.

"I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender."

"Steve, don't listen to him," I say, noticing he was distracted. If it wasn't for the information we needed, I would shoot him in his talkative mouth.

"He wanted you to know something. He said to me, 'Please tell Rogers. When you got to go, you gotta go," Rumlow says. I notice he has a bomb in his hand.

"Steve!" I yell, trying to get him to focus. If I run at him, he might start the bomb early, and kill all these people.

"And you're coming with me," he says. He presses the button, and I prepare for impact, but instead I just hear Rumlow's screams. I turn around to see Wanda trying to contain the explosion.

Wanda tries to direct up so it can explode in the air, but she lets it go early, making it explode into the building. I look in grief, hearing the screams and cries of people. I could have stopped it, I should have.

I look back at Wanda and she is kneeling, with her hand over her mouth and she is tearing up. "Wanda it's not your fault," I say. "You did your best." She doesn't say anything back, and I run over to the building, and start helping as many people as I can to get out of the building.