Chapter 10: Contract

We land away from the Headquarters, far enough so no one would see us land, but close enough for me to walk there. I walk in and I see Tony sitting at his desk, and the phone is blinking. "Let me guess, you broke into the raft?" Tony says, with a smirk on his face.

Before I could say anything, he states, "Don't worry, you just beat me to it. I won't spill the beans to Ross."

"I never said I did it," I say. "This conversation never even happened," I say, and Tony makes a movement that he is locking his lips, and I smile. I walked to Pietro and I's room and packed as much stuff as I could.

I walked over to Wanda's room, and I saw Vision there. "Hey Vision, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I heard Wanda and everyone else broke out of there cells, so in case she comes back, I wanted to be the first one to see her," Vision says. "I have been thinking, since I needed to know why I became distracted. I realized, somehow, I have developed um, how would you say it, feelings for her."

"So you like Wanda, like, like like her," I say, smirking.

"I suppose that's how you would say it. Too bad we have to keep working for Ross and the Accords," Vision says, and my eyes widen.

"What? I thought we weren't trusted by him anymore," I say, not wanting to do that. "I was planning on travelling the world, I'm starting with Scotland."

"Well, you might want to talk to Secretary Ross about that," Vision says.

"Yea, I'll um talk to him later," I say.

"He's actually coming here in around an hour," Vision says.

"Great, thanks Vis," I say. I quickly ran out of the Headquarters towards the helicopter. I opened the door quickly and threw in the bags of clothes. "You guys need to go now," I say.

"Wait why? What's happening?" Pietro says.

"Ross is coming to Headquarters in an hour, and apparently I still work for him," I say. "You guys need to go. I'll figure out a way to get into contact with you, but right now all I care about are you guys not getting caught."

"How long will it take you to get to us?" Wanda says.

"I don't know. By the way, Vision was in your room, so I couldn't get your clothes, but feel free to borrow mine," I say. I look to Pietro and pull him in for a kiss. I reluctantly pull away and say, "Steve, fly away, now."

"Okay, here take this," Steve says, handing me the similar device that let me into Wakanda earlier. "Meet us in Wakanda when you're ready."

I back away from the helicopter, and they fly away. I walk back to the Headquarter, slightly freaking out. I quickly take a shower, getting rid of the smell of sweat. I put on some jeans and a t-shirt, adding Pietro's jacket he always wore last year.

I go to the meeting room, seeing Vision and Ross were already there. "Secretary Ross? Funny to see that you wanted to meet me after threatening to put me in jail," I say, sitting down across from Vision.

"Well, unlike Tony and Natasha, you stayed true to the Accords. We need people who will stick to the word and not betray us," Ross says.

"I was going to go to Scotland to take a break from being an agent," I say, not wanting to work with him.

"Did you not read your contract?" Ross says, and I shake my head no. "As long as you don't get fired and betray the Accords, you are responsible to do any missions you are given."

"What!" I say, standing up from my seat. "Since when was that a policy?"

"The whole time. Maybe next time you should read a contract," Ross says, and I roll my eyes. "You can go to Scotland, but you will be on call, and if you don't do them, you will have to be arrested."

"Arrested, don't you think that's a bit over dramatic," I say.

"I don't. For all we know you could have been the one to break into the raft earlier," Ross says. "I just came here to explain that." Ross walks out of the room, and I sit back in my chair, sighing.

"Are you alright, y/n?" Vision asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just didn't expect that to happen," I say. "I'm going to go pack for Scotland, I need to get ready." I quickly walk out of the room, not wanting him to figure out I'm lying.

I went to Wanda's room, grabbing some of her clothes, and going back to mine, grabbing a few extra things. Now, what can I use to fly to Wakanda, because I can't use public transportation, because they can track that.

I decide to use a jet that Tony doesn't use anymore. I steal the key, leaving Stark a small note, and head to the jet. I sit in the pilot seat, and deactivate the tracking device so no one would actually know where I'm going.

I start to fly, trying to figure out how to tell everyone I'm still working for the Accords.