Chapter 8: I Promise

I walk over to Natasha who is where the quinjet was parked. "They are going to come after me," Natasha says.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"I helped Steve. I made sure they got on the quinjet," she says.

"I don't blame you. I just wished they all got away," I say. We get back to Avengers Headquarters, and put Rhodey in the medical wing. I showered, and got changed into one of Pietro's sweatshirts and jeans. I don't know what could make this day worse, mostly when I know I'm about to get yelled at for not getting Barnes.

I was standing at the railing, looking out on the field. Soon enough, Natasha and Tony are standing next to me. "How is he?" I ask.

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1. Extreme laceration to the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis," he says, and I sigh.

"Steve's not going to stop. If you don't either, Rhodey is gonna be the best case scenario," Natasha says.

"You let them go, Nat," Tony says.

"Let her be, she was doing what she thought was right. These Accords aren't the smartest thing, she was just helping a friend," I say.

"We played this wrong," Nat says.

"We?" Tony says in disbelief. "Boy it must be hard for the both of you to shake the whole double agent thing, huh? It just sticks in the DNA, and must run in the family too."

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?" Natasha says, pretty pissed.

"T'Challa told Ross what you did so they're coming for you," Tony says, looking at Natasha. "And I wouldn't be surprised if they let you go," he says, looking at me.

"I'm not the one who needs to watch their back," Natasha says, before walking away.

"You know Tony, I stuck by you this whole time, even though so many people told me not to. I can see why they didn't," I say, and go follow Natasha. I followed her all the way to her room. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to find Steve, I just hope he will forgive me," she says, packing some of her stuff. Once she was down, she turned to me teary eyed. "Don't forget me, okay?"

"I couldn't even if I tried," I say, and pull her into a hug. "I won't tell Ross, go." She sends me one last smile before walking through the door.

Soon after Tony came up to me saying, "Come on, we are visiting your boyfriend." I immediately followed him to a helicopter, where we flew to where they were being kept. On the way there we got information about Zemo and how Barnes didn't kill those innocent people.

We landed at and got out of the helicopter to meet with Ross. "So, you got the files? Let's reroute the satellites start facial scanning for this Zemo guy," Tony asks.

"You seriously think I'm going to listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig? You both are lucky you're not in one of these cells," Ross says, catching Tony off-guard. He leads us to where they kept Pietro, Wanda, Clint, Sam and a guy I found out's name was Scott. You know the small and big guy.

This is the most highly secured prison I have ever seen, and they are keeping the Earth's Mightiest Heroes here? The first room has cameras of everyone. I see Wanda suited up in what they put mental patients in, so she can't move her hands, and the same with Pietro, but his feet.

"Don't you think that's a little excessive?" I ask.

"No I don't. She is a criminal, and dangerous. I can put you in one, if you like," Ross says, and I sigh. My best friend isn't dangerous, if anything she is the one trying to protect everyone the most since she feels so guilty for something isn't her fault.

I quickly put in my flash drive into one of the computers, making sure no one noticed. Ross leads us to the second room, where their cells were.

Another security wall opens, and I see everyone in their cells. It was so hard not to run up to them, helping them get out, but I know I'm being watched right now. Then I hear clapping behind me from Clint.

Tony approaches Clint while I just look at Pietro and Wanda, them not being about to get up without struggle. Everyone goes around, bashing on Tony, but not saying anything to me. "Hank Pym always said you can't trust a Stark," Scott says.

"Who are you?" Tony says, which makes Scott roll his eyes.

"Hey, I think you did good today," I whisper to Scott. "Mostly with the getting big thing. That could be useful in the future." He returns a smile, and I just continue looking around.

Tony ended up getting Sam to tell him where Steve went after he apologized. Soon enough, Ross came in, and took Tony away. "Can I just get five more minutes with them?" I ask, and he nods.

Then close the door once again, and I grab the button that connects to the flashdrive, showing everyone in the room that I pushed it. "I just disabled all the cameras and audio for the next minute, so everything is playing in repeat. So I gotta make this quick," I say, and soon enough almost everyone was standing against the cell.

"I'm going to get all of you out. I haven't figured out how yet, but I will, maybe even with some help," I say.

"What about the Accords?" Sam asks.

"You guys are my first priority," I say, and smile at Pietro, remembering what he said. "Plus I cant let my nieces and nephews down," I say, looking at Clint, who smiled. "I just need you guys to stay alert, because I probably only will be able to come once. Ross is already on my ass about Natasha."

"I promise you all, you will get out," I say. I look towards Pietro, and say nothing, knowing I'm a bit mad at him for yelling at me. I walk away, getting towards the camera room, and everybody is staring at me. "What?" I ask.

"The audio and camera just went offline," one of the workers said.

"Well you do work in the middle of the ocean, it may happen often," I say, and they all look pretty convinced. I grab the flashdrive, and used an extra helicopter to go back to headquarters.