Chapter 29: Sore Yet Safe

I pulled up to the apartment, incredibly sore from what I went through. I get some dirty looks from some people I walk by, knowing I still have some wounds that I didn't really treat.

I get to the apartment, and use my key to get in. I walk in to see Pietro on the couch, watching tv. His eyes immediately met mine, and his smile brightened. "You're actually here right or am I going crazy?" he says, and I chuckle.

"You're always crazy, but yes I'm here," I say. He speeds over, embracing me in a hug, and I groan, feeling shooting pain through my body.

"What happened? Are you okay?" he asks, going into full protective mode.

"I'll be okay. I got caught, and they tried to force information about me for hours," I say, and his eyes widened. "I'm fine though, I promise." His hand hovered over my bruised cheek, and I can see the hurt in his eyes.

"Come with me," he says, and leads me to the bathroom. He makes me sit up on the counter, and he goes through the cabinet and gets out a first aid kit.

"Pietro, I told you I'm fine," I say, flattered at how he was worried, but I can take care of myself.

"Fine, can I at least see what happened," he says, the worry showing quite obviously. I sigh, knowing he won't give up. I take off my shirt, showing him my bruised stomach, and my cut up arms. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, I wish it were me."

"You didn't do this. It's not your fault. I did what I needed to do to get those kids safe," I say, and he gives me a confused look. "The whole reason I went in and blew my cover is because there were two kids, around the age of 11. Brother and sister, reminded me of you and Wanda. I didn't have the heart to just leave there to get killed."

"Well, I'm glad they're okay, but next time, please get backup," he says, and I nod. He leans into me, kissing my lips softly, trying not to hurt me. "I missed you so much," he mumbles against my lips, and kisses me again.

"I missed you too. I love you," I say, and cup his face, pulling him deeper into the kiss. I feel his smirk, and his hands go to my waist, and I wince again. He quickly takes his hands off of me, and stops kissing. He sighs, and mumbles a sorry.

"Hey, it's okay. We should say hi to Wanda and Vision," I say.

"Visions actually on a mission back in New York. He should be back next week though," Pietro says. "But yea, let's surprise her." He smiles and I put my shirt back on. Pietro takes my hand, being very cautious, and we walk next door to Wanda's.

Pietro knocks on the door, and I hear the footsteps coming towards the door. The door opens and Wanda starts to say, "For the last time Pietro, no I don't have cookies." She then picks up her head and squeals my name.

She approached me for a hug, when Pietro blocked me from her. "Not right now, she is sore, and very injured," he says, and I roll my eyes. I lightly push him out of the way, and give Wanda a hug, ignoring the pain I'm feeling.

We entered Wanda's apartment, and we started to talk about the past 4 months. They have watched a ton of movies I recommended, since they still haven't watched all of the classics. I told her about the siblings, and they were relieved they weren't apart of them anymore.

"I'm really tired, I'm going to go to bed. I talk to you in the morning," I say, still exhausted from my mission. They nod, and we said our goodbyes. Pietro and I head back to our apartment, and I change into more comfortable clothing.

I flop onto the bed, and lay down on my side. I was already slowly falling asleep, when I felt Pietro's arm wrap around my waist. "I missed this," he says, cuddling up to me. I interlace my hand with him, trying to pull his warmth closer.

"Me too," I mumble, barely able to get anything out. Pietro kissed the back of my head, and we both fell asleep.

The next two weeks, Pietro barely let me do anything. He was on my hand and foot, making sure I had everything I needed. He even speeded all the way across town to get the hot chocolate I liked the one time we visited there.

I just can't wait to stay here, being with him, Wanda, and Vision whenever he gets back. That was definitely the hardest thing about the past 4 months. I'm sore but safe.