Chapter 12: Ring

A week has gone by so far, and everything has gone smoothly. No calls from Ross or anyone that works with the Accords, and no one has tried to take Wanda and Pietro back to the stupid jail. Everything besides not telling them that I still work Accords.

I just came back from the grocery store, placing all the bags, my keys, phone and wallet on the kitchen counter. "Pietro, can you help me-" I was interrupted by the blue blur running around the kitchen, and soon enough, all the groceries were put away. "Thanks," I say, kissing Pietro's cheek.

"I'm going to take shower, I'll be right back," I say, heading to the bathroom. I get in the shower, taking my time in it. I wash my hair and body, and do the rest of my shower routine. When I turn off the water, and get dressed.

I put on a pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt. I started to dry my hair with a towel, when I heard my phone ring from the kitchen. "Hey P, can you see who that is?" I yell from the room. I wait a couple of moments, but I don't hear Pietro say anything, and the phone ringing ends.

"Everything okay?" I ask, walking into the main room, and I just see Pietro staring at my phone. "What's wrong?"

"Why is Ross calling you?" Pietro says, not looking at me.

"I'm sure it was just a butt call," I say. Then ironically, the phone rang again, and Pietro held up my phone, showing Ross was calling. "Twice?" Pietro scoffs, and I grab the phone, answering it. "Ross, can I talk to you later?"

"We got a mission for you, whatever you're doing, make it quick," Ross says, hanging up the phone. I sigh, knowing I messed up really badly.

"So, you're still working with the Accords? Are you just here to turn us in?" Pietro says, his Sokovian accent thick, showing you he was angry.

"Of course not. I don't have a choice but to work with them," I say, and he rolls his eyes. Before I could spit out another word, he ran into Wanda's apartment, speeding her over to ours.

"Piet, how many times do I have to tell you don't do that when I'm not expecting it," Wanda says, hitting him in the chest. "Why did you speed me in here?"

"Guess what I found out?" Pietro says, looking at me.

"Let me explain myself," I say.

"You could have done that awhile ago," he says, and turns to Wanda. "She has been working with Ross this whole entire time."

"Well, I'm sure she has a good explanation," Wanda says, and that makes me feel better.

"I wasn't planning on working for the Accords any longer after I got you guys out of the raft prison. When Ross visited us, he basically told me that if I don't work for them, I'll get arrested," I say.

"Like how you would be arrested after helping us escape," Pietro says.

"Well, if I don't help them all of the sudden, they will get suspicious. At least when I'm working for them, I can make sure they won't figure out that I know where you are," I say.

"Well can't you just not go on the missions," Wanda says.

"They already don't trust me because of Natasha stepping out of line, they don't trust me. Once they trust me, I can get away with not going on missions, but right now I need to," I say.

"Well what is your mission?" Pietro asks.

"I don't know, I was too busy being yelled at," I say, and I hear Pietro mutter a sorry. "I'm doing all of this to protect both of you, so shut your mouths, and I'll call him back."

I take my phone in my hand, and recall Ross. I see the twins staring at me, and I turn, still feeling guilty. The phone rings, but finally Ross picks up. "Agent Romanoff, ready for your mission."

"Give me what you got?" I say, looking back at the twins. Wanda gives me a small smile, while Pietro stays serious.

"Well, it's a small mission, but we need you to see why Vision is changing. Lately he has been distracted and we want to see if you can figure it out. We would ask Stark, but he's busy with a new guy named Peter. We can send him to Scotland-"

"No, I miss Avengers Headquarters. I'll fly out there as soon as possible," I say.

"Great, I'll send the file you need to fill out there," Ross says.

"Can't wait, bye," I say, and hang up the phone. I groan, not wanting to leave, mostly when Pietro is mad at me.

"So, what's the mission?" Pietro asks.

"I have to check up on Vision. He has been goin through some technical difficulties," I say.

"Is he okay?" Wanda asks immediately, and I smirk, remembering what Vision said.

"Totally," I say. "But I need to go leave." I go to my room, taking out my laptop. I booked a plane ticket for tonight to go to New York, and once I pay, I get out a backpack. I pack some essentials, not packing much because I still have clothes back at headquarters. Once I was done packing, I zipped up my backpack and walked out the room.

"I'm leaving tonight, I don't know when I'm coming-" Pietro runs, taking my backpack, unpacking everything, putting them back in the closet. "Back," I say and I notice that I didn't have my backpack anymore. "Really?"

"You can't go," Pietro says. I rolled my eyes, and walked back into my room and started packing again. "You can't just leave," he says, following me around the room like a lost puppy.

"Oh really? I'm pretty sure an hour ago you wanted me gone about how angry you were," I say, shoving a shirt into the bag.

"I was mad, who wouldn't be. You lied to me," he says.

"I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you. Not that that's any better, but still," I say, packing my toothbrush.

"I don't like the idea that I won't know when you'll come back. Plus for all I know, you could die," Pietro says.

"I'm basically babysitting Vision, not taking down a hydra base by myself," I say. "Since when are you not mad at me?"

"I'm mad for you not telling me, not because you're working for the Accords. I just thought that we would just relax now on," Pietro says.

"I'll be able to relax once I know they aren't coming after you," I say. "Can you repack my stuff please?" Soon enough, my stuff was pack again, and Pietro was standing in front of me. I wrap my arms around his torso, and he wraps his arms around me. "You know, if I didn't have to do it, I wouldn't."

"I know. I just can't protect you when your out there, and if you get hurt, I would blame myself," he says. I get up on my tippy toes and press a sweet kiss on his lips. "I love you princessa."

"I love you too," I whisper, kissing him again. I quickly say goodbye to Wanda and Pietro, and made my way towards the train to take me to the airport. This is going to be rough.