Chapter 19: Stuck For a Secret

I pull into headquarters, and drag myself out of the car. I slowly walk in the building, and head to the kitchen, because I didn't eat all day. I opened the fridge and cabinets and decided to make some quesadillas.

I got out the ingredients to make one, when I see Tony fuming and sitting across from me on the island. "You want a quesadilla?" I ask, and he mumbles a yes. "I cook you dish out everything going up in that crazy old mind of yours."

So I cook the quesadillas while Tony tells me how irresponsible Peter was today. I handed him his plate and said, "I understand where you are coming from, but he idolizes you. You tell me that you didn't make one mistake using your suits."

"Nope, not one," Tony says.

"Really? I remember Natasha telling me how you peed in your suit when you were drunk at your birthday party, because you thought it was your last one, because you were dying from using your suit too much," I say. Tony opens his mouth, and closes it, making me smirk.

"Still, he should have known better. He's 15 and going after something we don't understand," Tony says.

"I have been doing even more dangerous stuff way younger. Plus he held his own against Cap and his whole crew," I say. "Give the kid a break."

"Whatever," Tony mumbles, not wanting to admit I'm right. "Are you heading back to Scotland?"

"As soon as I'm permitted to, yea," I say.

"How's Vision liking it there?" Tony asks.

"Good, I think he likes the people there too," I say, and he chuckles. "It's so weird, how now he has feelings."

"Just proves that we don't know anything about the infinity stones that Thor was talking about," Tony says. I was about to say something when my phone rings. I see Ross is calling me, and I roll my eyes.

"Here comes more yelling," I say, and answer the phone. "Hi Ross."

"Agent Romanoff, way to go today. FBI agents are really loving you right now," Ross says, and I roll my eyes.

"They didn't really love me in the first place, didn't want a teenager in charge," I say.

"Maybe that's a good idea," Ross says.

"Hey, that's unfair. I had it covered until a little bug got in my way and messed up the plan," I say.

"It's not my fault Spider-man was there," Ross says.

"And it's not my fault that alien weapons are out there. Maybe if you were more proficient with your new job, you would know about this before a 15-year-old had to report it," I say.

"You shouldn't talk to your boss that way," Ross says.

"What are you going to do, fire me?" I say, smirking that that is what I wanted in the beginning after the fight with Cap.

"As much as I don't want to admit it, we need you after Romanoff left. You're the best agent we have, surprisingly," he says and I scoffed. "Well, not the point I called, but we want you to stay here until we get the weapons in custody. We will call you if we need you on the field."

"How long do you think that will be?" I ask.

"I don't know, we'll see once we get the weapons," he says, and I could hear his smirk over the phone. "Talk to you then."

"Yea, see ya," I say, and hang up. I sigh, leaning up against the wall.

"Are you leaving?" Tony asks.

"Nope, can't get rid of me that easily I guess. I have to stay until we get the weapons in custody," I say. "Can I use your lab for a couple minutes?" He nods his head, and I walk to his lab.

Once I get in, I lock the doors, making sure no one can get in. "Friday erase all camera and audio for the next 5 minutes," I say as I get on Tony's computer.

"As you wish, Ms. Romanoff," Friday says through the speaker. I plugged my phone into the computer, and started typing. It took me a couple minutes to make sure that the phone won't be able to track my phone in case they'll look.

Once it is ready, I dial Pietro's phone number, and listen to it ring. He finally picked up and said, "Hey, princessa. Are you coming home soon?" Once I heard that, my heart sank, not being able to come back.

"I wish. I have to stay until we get the weapons, because Spiderman, the highschooler I was telling you about, messed up the mission. Looks like I'm stuck here for a little longer," I say, and he groans.

"Well, next time I see him, I'll sonic punch him to the moon," he says, and I chuckle. "I miss you, come back soon."

"I miss you too," I say. I look at the time, and I realize that the 5 minutes are about to be up. "I got to go, I'll talk to you when I can.Tell Wanda and Vision I said hi. Love you."

"Love you too, and did you know that Vision and Wanda went on a date?" he says, and I laugh at him getting protective.

"Yes sir, bye," I say.

"Bye princessa," he says, and I hang up the phone, just making the five minute mark. I delete the history on the computer. This is exhausting knowing no one can know I know where Pietro is. I just wish everything can go to normal.

Hopefully this isn't going to last long.