Chapter 17: Ferry

(I just realized the timing I did for this doesn't really add up, since this happens over 2 months after Civil War. Just go with it.)

The next day arrives and I wake up bright and early with the sun. I slowly roll out of bed, making sure not to wake up Pietro. I get up out of my bed, and walk towards the closet. I open it, grabbing my suit, and another outfit in case I'm staying any longer.

I put them in a bookbag, along with other necessities that I will need. I get dressed in a leather jacket, jeans and some combat boots. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup.

I walk out, seeing Pietro sitting against the headboard. "Morning Speedy," I say, walking over to the bed, sitting down on the bed next to him.

"Good morning. Are you leaving already?" he asks, and I nod.

"I got to leave early so I can talk to the FBI group and go over the files," I say. "I'm taking Tony's jet, so once I'm able to, I'll be back as soon as possible."

"Does he know that you still have that?" he asks.

"Nope. I'm sure he hasn't even noticed, plus he probably has 300 more," I say, and we both chuckle. "I'm sorry again that I have to go."

"It's fine, but if you come back hurt, I'm going to kill you," he says.

"Noted," I say. Pietro cups my face and pulls me in for a kiss.

"Love you, don't die," he says.

"I'm not trying. Love you too," I say. I kiss him one more time before grabbing my stuff. "Tell Wanda and Vision I said bye." He nods, and I leave to go to the airport. I got to the airport, getting to the place where they kept the jet.

I start the engine, and start to fly to New York. It was a long flight, but I kept going and landed at the Avengers Headquarters. I grabbed my stuff, and walked into Headquarters, seeing Tony and Rhodey. "Hey everyone, I see that you miss me," I say, turning both of their heads.

"Little Widow, how's it going?" Tony says, as I walk over towards them.

"Fine, I guess. I'm here for an assignment," I say.

"Oh, yea, the one I suggested for you. Have fun with that, the kid is really obsessed with it," Tony says.

"So the only reason why I'm here is because you suggested me?" I ask, clearly annoyed.

"Well, I know you like interesting assignments, and this is an alien made weapon. What can be more interesting than that?" Tony says. I rolled my eyes, and turned to Rhodey.

"How did I deal with this guy for 3 years? I don't even want to imagine your pain," I say, making him chuckle. "How is your recovery?"

"Going slowly but surely," Rhodey says.

"Well, I'm glad to see that. Do you know where I'm supposed to meet the FBI group?" I ask the two of them.

"There is a station in New York City that your group is in. Ross says to meet him there soon," Tony says.

"Thank you, I'll take my motorcycle over if it's still in the garage. If not, I'll take one of your fancy cars I don't know the name of," I say.

"Uh, no, definitely not. It's in the same spot it's always in," Tony says. I was about to leave when Tony said something. "If something goes wrong, call me. We don't know what these things are capable of."

"Will do," I say. I walk to the garage, still gawking at the sight of all the expensive cars in my sight. I grab my motorcycle keys off the shelf, and go to my motorcycle. I sat down, missing the feeling of the motorcycle, and the roar of it when you ride.

I drive off to the station, feeling the wind in my face, and racing through the traffic. I soon arrive, and I park, walking into the station. I kept my head held high, walking through even though hearing whispers around here. I became more known ever since the battle in Sokovia when I almost died. People still don't believe I'm alive, and frankly neither do I.

I get to the front desk, and they send me through to a meeting room. I walked through the doors, seeing Ross and 10 men all talking, and I could already tell this was going to be hard. Once they noticed I walked and turned to the door. "Agent Romanoff, glad you could make it," Ross says.

"Wouldn't have it any other way," I say. I walk to the front of the room, feeling all eyes on me. I sit down in a seat as Ross starts going through the information that he knows of and what to do on the ferry.

"Agent Romanoff, take it away," Ross says, and walks out of the room. I stand up on the front of the room, and stare at the map of the ferry.

"Well, intel tells us that the guy receiving the weapons will have backup. So we need to be prepared for anything thrown our way. If what we are told about the weapons, they aren't going to be used for a stroll in the park," I say.

"Yea, and it won't be helpful with a teenager incharge," one of the men says.

"What's your name agent?" I ask.

"Agent John Laco," he responds.

"Okay, Agent Laco. How many missions have you been on, and how many have them been successful?" I ask.

"45 in 10 years, and 38 of them have been successful," he says.

"Hmm, that's a high rate. I have been on 67 missions, and only one of them has ever failed. I have been in charge of 26 of those missions, and this is all in the past 3 years being part of the Avengers Initiative," I say, crossing my arms, and his eyes widen. "So tell me, would you like to still believe that I can't handle being in charge?"

"No ma'am," he says, and I smirk. I continue to tell them my plan, and we all get ready to go to the ferry.