Chapter 24: Normal Days

The sunlight slips through the curtains, waking me up. I turn to Pietro's side of the bed, but I don't see him there. I slowly get out of bed, and put on a t-shirt and shorts. I go to the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth and hair, and I put it up in a messy bun.

I walk to the kitchen, finding Pietro only in sweatpants, cooking breakfast. I smile, and walk over next to him. "Good morning," I say, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Best morning all week," he says, and kisses my head. "I decided to make eggs and bacon, do you want some?"

"When would I say no to food?" I say, and go to sit down on the counter. We continue to talk while he continues to cook. "You didn't do anything right?"

"No..." he pauses before he continues. "Well, I spied on them at the restaurant Wanda and Vision went to. I don't know if she noticed though."

"She most definitely noticed. She's Wanda, what do you expect?" I say, and get two plates. I had him one, and we both put our food on our plates. We continue eating, and talking about our weeks, since we didn't really talk much last night;)

"Thanks for making that," I say, pecking his lips.

"Anything for you," he replies. "Come on, I told Wanda and Vision we would hang out with them today. We should get ready." We walk back into our bedroom, and get ready for the day.

I put on a pair of ripped jeans with a sweater. Pietro puts on a pair of sweatpants with a sweatshirt. Once we were all ready, Pietro took my hand in his and we walked to Wanda and Vision apartment. We knock on the door, and Vision opens it.

"Y/n, I'm glad to see you again," Vision says, and I smile. We all walk in back to the apartment, finding Wanda sitting at the kitchen table. We all talked for a while hanging out until Wanda mentioned that she wanted to go out.

"You know you guys are still fugitives, right?" Vision says to Pietro and Wanda.

"Come on, let's go out and have some fun. I don't remember the last time I actually went to a restaurant or something," Wanda says, begging Vision. I could see the conflict in Vision's eyes, and I smirk.

"Fine, but we have to be extra careful," Visions says, and the twins cheer, and I smile. Vision turns into his human self, while Pietro and Wanda get a disguise.

"Come on, I have a perfect place to go for lunch," Pietro says, and we walk out of the apartment building all together. Vision and Wanda were walking ahead, hand in hand, and I could see Pietro tense up.

"Hey, she looks happy, what's wrong?" I whisper to Pietro.

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling that at the end of this, she's going to be heartbroken," he says.

"Vision's a good person, he wouldn't purposely do that," I say.

"Yea, I know. I'm just worried about her. If anything ever happened, I don't know what I would do," he says.

"She's safe, we know that," I say. We continued walking to the restaurant, and we finally got there. We sat down, had fun, talked and everything like that. It was nice to be out without the world on our shoulders. It felt nice, and I could definitely get used to it.

"Y/n that girl is totally checking Pietro out," Wanda says, who is sitting across from me. I looked across the restaurant finding a pretty girl, around our age who was just looking at Pietro, and she suddenly looked away.

I adjust my position in my seat and say, "I would be doing the same thing." Wanda raises her eyebrow, and I roll my eyes. I try to ignore the girl, but I always catch her looking at Pietro. Once we were done, I hurried us out of the restaurant. Wanda gives me a look, and I shove her lightly.

"Someone's jealous," Pietro whispers, and I roll my eyes, knowing that he was right. We walked back to our apartment, going our separate ways. I flop on the couch, while Pietro takes off his hat and glasses.

"You know we need to get a better disguise for you and Wanda," I say.

"Well I'm sorry I can't turn into a different person like Vision," he says, and I laugh. He walks over to the couch, laying with me. He wraps his arms around me, placing his face in the crock of my neck, making me giggle. I start to play with his hair and I feel his smile on my neck.

"I missed you so much. Just being together, not worrying about anything," Pietro says, and I smile.

"Yea, I miss the normal days," I say. The rest of the day we watched movies, talking, and just being there together.