Chapter 9: Break Out

I was at the compound, helping Rhodey with his physical therapy when the mailman came, and gave me a letter. "Here, take a break. I'll be right back," I say, helping him sit down in a chair, and hand him a water.

I walk to the kitchen, and open up the letter.

Dear Y/n Romanoff,

You said to come to you, so that's what I'm doing. I know you don't want Clint, Wanda, Pietro, and Sam in the Raft jail just as much as I do. Meet me in Wakanda as soon as possible, if you don't come, I'll understand.

If you do decide to come, you will need this device to let you in.

From, Steve Rogers

I smile, knowing Steve doesn't hate me, and I get to rescue my friends. I walk over back to Rhodey, but not before grabbing my suit. "Rhodey, Tony should be here soon. I got to go meet someone," I say.

"See you later," he says, and I smile and run towards the helicopter I used to come back.

I made sure I disabled the tracking device so Ross won't know where I'm going. I flew to Wakanda, and made sure I had the device to make sure I could get in. I land out on a field, and walk towards the castle, while admiring Wakanda.

When I got to the castle, Steve was standing outside. "Great to see you Steve, thanks for trusting me," I say, while pulling him into a hug.

"I know you just want what the best is for everyone, plus you would want to get them out of that horrible place," Steve says.

"Where's Barnes?" I ask.

"He's getting checked up on. How's Rhodey?"

"Not dead," I say. "He has some form of paralysis, but Tony made him something to help him walk."

"That's good," Steve says. "Let's get to work." We walked into the quinjet, and I put on my suit. "So, what do you got?"

"Well, there is the landing platform that leads to the camera room. There are 5-10 guards in there at a time, plus the camera system inside the cells. I can get to the computers, and hack them, so they won't remember us breaking them out," I say.

"T'Challa gave me some memory spray so the guards won't remember anything, so they can't tell Ross. Gives us an advantage when we go into hiding," Steve says, and I sigh. "Are you still going to work for the Accords?"

"No. I want to help people as much as I can, but he doesn't trust me with not getting you guys, and Natasha breaking the law. So either way, I'll be a fugitive. I might as well have some fun with it," I say.

We fly to the raft prison using my helicopter, knowing they would let us in. One of the guards approached us, and held up their gun when they saw Steve. He immediately knocked them out with a punch, and I sprayed him with memory spray.

We walked into the camera room, and 7 guards looked straight back. 2 were on the computers, so I easily knocked them out while Steve took care of the rest. I go on the computers, hacking into them so all the cameras will just replay the last hour of film before we got here.

I sprayed everyone in the room, and we walked up to the room where the cells are. "Be careful, they have a guard in there, armed," Steve says.

"Don't worry, I have an idea," I say. I grab his wrist, and press the door open.

"Agent Romanoff, glad to see you finally got Rogers," the guard says, once he sees us. I could feel everyone's eyes glaring me down from inside the cells.

"Yea, just took a little while, but I got the job done," I say, walking closer to the guard. Once I was close enough I let go of Steve, and kicked my leg up and wrapped it around his neck. I pull him down, making him hit his head so hard on the ground, making him knockout.

Then I hear, sighs, laughter and claps from around the room. "Did you really think I would go back on my promise?" I say, making them chuckle. I unlock Wanda's cell first, knowing she is the most miserable.

"Thanks for coming," she says, as I start to unwrap her.

"Of course," I say. I finish unwrapping her, and move onto the next cell, Pietro.

I open his cell, and start to unwrap his feet. I can feel his eyes on me the whole time. Once I was finished, I got up, and felt his arms wrap around me. I immediately melt into touch, knowing I haven't felt it in a week.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you before you left, I love you princessa," Pietro says, kissing my forehead.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're alright. I love you too," I say.

"Sorry to intrude on this lovefest, but we need to go now," Clint says, and I smile. We all run to the helicopter, squeezing in. Steve was flying with Scott and Sam as co-captains, but he was mostly talking about how he is proud to work with him.

Clint and Wanda were sitting across from Pietro and I. "So, where are you guys going to hide out?" Clint asks.

"I have no idea," Wanda says.

"Are you going to stay at the farm with the kids?" Pietro asks.

"Yea. I mean no one knows about it, so I think it would be the perfect place to hideout," Clint says. "You guys are always welcome to stay there. I'm sure Laura and the kids won't mind."

"We wouldn't want to invade your place," I say.

"Plus, this is the perfect opportunity travelling the world," Wanda says.

"We have been all over the world for missions," I say.

"Yea, but we never stayed long enough to enjoy it. I always wanted to go to Scotland," Pietro says.

"I think that's a great idea.Let's travel the world. Maybe we could even bring Vision," I say, wiggling my eyebrows.

"The microwave oven," Pietro say, and I slap him on the arm. "Yea, it would be fun if he comes." Steve flys us the Avengers Headquarters.