Chapter 28: Mission Report

4 MONTHS LATER...

A fist flew to my cheek hard, causing more blood to enter my mouth. I spit on the floor, trying to get the taste out of my mouth. I have been in this interrogation room for over 10 hours. I've been cut, punched, choked, and so many other tortured methods, yet they have gotten nothing.

I was lucky I was able to call in backup, the only thing is, I don't know when they are going to come. "¿Qué más necesitamos para que esto funcione?" (What else do we need to make this work?) he says, his hispanic accent thick.

"No me he roto todavía, así que ¿por qué crees que un golpe débil me hará cambiar de opinión?" (I haven't broken yet, so why do you think a weak punch will change my mind?) I say. My mind was just trying to find a way to get out of here, mostly of what I saw before entering this room.

Two kids, around the age of 11, strapped down onto medical beds. They remind me so much of Wanda and Pietro, it's not even funny. I tried to untie my hands that are strapped onto the arms of the chair, but it was taking a while, mostly when I was not at my best.

"Regresaré en una hora, esperemos que hables," (I will be back in an hour, let's both hope you speak) he says walking out of the room. His one mistake was leaving my gun on the table in the corner of the room.

Let me update you on how I got here. Everything was going smoothly. I was undercover as a barista at this coffee shop, observing the factory across the shop, when I noticed something I couldn't ignore. Two men bringing in two little kids, as they were trying to fight them off, but being unsuccessful.

I called in to Ross, telling him what I saw, and decided to go in. I called for backup, but my stupid mind told me that I wouldn't be in much danger, so I went in. I held my gun high, watching as I entered the building.

When I got in the building, I could sense someone's presence, I just couldn't tell where. I tried to see if I could hear footsteps, but nothing. I continue walking through the building, not finding anything interesting, not finding the kids.

I turned the corner into a hallway, when I found two guards armed. "Hey, you're not supposed to be here!" one of the guards yelled. I shot both of them in the chest and went to the door that they were guarding.

That's when I saw the kids through the window. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I grab a bobby pin from my hair, and start picking the lock. That's when I heard footsteps behind me, and before I turned around, I was shot with something that made me blackout.

I look around my surroundings, trying to find a way out of this place. I see light coming from the bottom of the floor, indicating a door. That's when I realized, I'm sitting on a wooden chair.

I stand up as much as I can, and forcefully slam down to the floor, breaking the chair. I pull off the restraints that loosened, and get up. It takes a second for me to get my balance from all the blood loss and torture I just been through.

I grab the gun, and run out the door, trying to find the direction of the kids. Guards ran my way, and I quickly took them out by shooting them. I ran to what I thought was the direction of the kids.

I shoot all the guards coming my way, since I knew they were dangerous, but then I'm out of bullets. I had to move to hand to hand combat, trying not to get shot and killed. I did end up grabbing one of the guard's guns while taking one of them out. I ended up getting through the guards, not without a couple of cuts and bruises, and I got to the door.

I went into my boot, getting a thin piece of metal that is used to unlock the door. I entered it through the knob, and after a couple jiggles and rotations, I unlocked the door. I rushed through the door, and the kids looked at me with fear.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you. I am going to help you escape, if you let me. I'm y/n, you can trust me," I say. They both look at eachother and the little boy nods. I get to the girl first, starting to unstrap her. "Hi, what's your name?" I say, trying to distract her.

"Victoria," she says, softly, obviously still terrified. "That's my brother Jesus." I nod and smile, and move to unstrapping her brother. I got them both off the tables, and I crouch down to their height.

"Have they done anything to you two?" I ask, and they both shake your heads. "Alright, both of you will need to listen to me if we are going to get out of here. You two will need to stick together, and don't trust anyone but me, unless I say something. Can you do that for me?" They nod their heads, and the brother grabs her sister's hand.

I lead them out the door, having my gun up high, shooting anyone coming in our way. I was coming up on a corner when I heard footsteps. I tell Victoria and Jesus to stand back, and I turn the corner, finding someone I didn't expect.

"You know it was highly stupid coming in here by yourself," says Rhodey, who was in the War Machine suit, who just lowered his arm.

"Thank Thor you're here. I need to get these kids out of here," I say, and he nods, flipping his facemask down. I tell the kids it's safe, leading them outside. I found a bunch of agents walking into the building, and I got the kids water and a snack, not knowing how long they haven't gotten anything.

"So, did any men do anything to you guys?" I ask, kneeling down to their height again.

"No, they just strapped us down, saying we need to learn to behave first," Jesus says. I went to go talk to another agent about the kids' when I heard Victoria scream. My head whipped around and I saw a guy running out of the building, and they weren't one of our agents.

I run after him, and kick him to the ground. He falls, and I smirk. He quickly stands back up, and throws a punch to my gut. I cough up more blood, since my gut is already bruised from before, but I don't let that stop me.

I kick him in his area, making him lean over. I knee him in the nose, hearing the bone crack. I yell, "Someone get me handcuffs!" The agent I was talking to runs over, throwing me a pair of handcuffs.

He grabs my hand with the handcuffs, trying to grab them. Before he could do it, I kicked my leg up to his shoulder, and used all of my strength to push him down. When he was laying down on his stomach, I sat on his back, grabbing both of his hands, and putting them in the cuffs.

I walk him over to one of our vans, roughly putting him in the back. The kids were being driven home, and I met up with Rhodey, starting to fill out my report. "Were the kids roughed up?" Rhodey asks.

"Nope, but they probably will be traumatized for a while," I say, writing down more stuff.

"You know, they remind me of Pietro and Wanda a lot. Have you heard from them lately?" he asks.

"If I did, would I have gone on a 4 month mission?" I say chuckling softly, flipping to the next page. I finished my essay, telling him about the rest of the mission. Once I was done, I handed it to Rhodey. "Can you give this to Ross?"

"Yea, of course. Are you going back to Scotland?" he asks.

"The sooner I'm in a more comfortable bed, the better," I say, making him laugh. I went back to the apartment I was staying at, quickly grabbing my stuff, and washing the dirt and blood off of me. I notice I have a couple of scars on my arms, and a bruise on my stomach and a light on my face, while having a limp.

Pietro is going to freak.