Chapter 7

Maya POV
I woke up and I actually didn't feel sick for once. Except I was craving some mashed potatoes. I hit Josh with a pillow, hey Josh make me mashed potatoes! He rolled over well good morning sunshine. I stuck out my tongue yeah ok come on! I grabbed his hand and pulled him downstairs. As he was making potatoes I decided to tell him about the name situation. So Josh I need a favor from you. He smirked what other food do you want? I laughed no not that. It's just well your mom, Topanga and Riley think our babies middle name will be their name. His eyes widened Maya what are we gonna do?! I shrugged I don't know, but I need you to tell them no. He laughed Maya none of those girls know the meaning no. I sighed ok how about we just avoid the topic from now on.
When we see our girl we can decide the middle name that suits her best. After eating some delicious mashed potatoes I got dressed in an over sized t-shirt and sweats. I looked in the mirror and broke down crying. Josh came over and hugged me Maya what's wrong? I sniffled Josh look at me I'm so fat! I can't wear any of my old clothes and I've gained so much weight! He kissed me Maya you could be 40 pounds and I would still love you. I didn't fall in love with your body I fell in love with your personality and charm. I smiled thanks Josh, but after this baby is born I'm going on a diet. We found a cute sweater dress instead of that ugly t-shirt and sweats. I curled my hair and we were ready to go. We were walking down the hall when we ran into Mrs.Bair our snotty neighbor. Good morning Mrs.Bair how are you? She glared at us excuse me I don't have time to talk to irresponsible teenagers goodbye. She briskly walked away as I rolled my eyes. Come on Josh we don't have time to talk to cranky old people.
Josh POV
We arrived at the store and started to look for a crib. We found a dark brown wood one that wasn't too expensive. A sales lady came over and smiled. It's so nice to see siblings shopping for their new brother/sister. I clenched my fists um no we're actually having a baby. She just smiled oh well then congrats. The sales lady gave us a confused look and hurried away. I hate it when this happens. Maya blinked back some tears and mumbled come on Josh let's look at clothes. We picked out some little girl clothes and hair ribbons. We bought a few more things and then quickly left. I turned to Maya don't let what other people think get you down. She smiled you're right I love you. I kissed her it was a long passionate kiss. The kind I use to give her when things weren't so complicated. She smiled Josh kissing is what got us into this mess. I laughed come on let's go home and set up the nursery. We got home and started to situate furniture. At the end I half to admit it looked pretty nice. The perfect room for a little girl. You know what they say girls are sugar and spice and everything nice. That's how they are right?