Chapter 9

Recap: Maya and Josh just had their baby! Little Ashlyn Sophia! Uh so yeah that's about it.....OMG WAIT. Thank you guys sooooo much for having over 1K reads!!!!!! Okay now you can enjoy the chapter😂
-------------------------------------------------
Maya POV
Having Ashlyn around has been pretty good so far. I mean yes I haven't slept in like a week, but it's all good. I was giving Ashlyn her bottle when there was a knock at the door. I smiled at Ashlyn that's your aunt Riley! I ran over to the door and opened it. My mouth dropped open and I couldn't speak. Mo-mom what are y-you doing here? The last time I saw or heard from my mom was when she kicked Josh and I out of the apartment. She came over and hugged me Maya I've missed you sooo much!!! I slightly patted her back awkwardly. Mom if you really missed me you could've just called. She smiled well I came to see my new grandchild! She started to walk to Ashlyn, but I stopped her. Mom I think you need to leave. She tilted her head Maya what are you talking about? I just came to see Ashlyn is it? I looked into her eyes how did you find us here? She looked down um well I heard this man at work and- I stopped her. Mom no one at your job would ever go near this place. Someone gets arrested like everyday. She smiled yes that's exactly what I wanted to talk about. I don't think Ashlyn should grow up in a place like this. I couldn't believe this my mom thinks she can come in here after a year of not talking and tell me how to run my life! Mom I really think you need to leave I don't want you around Ashlyn. She stared at me Maya I have already raised a child. I think I know what's good for her better than an irresponsible 16 year old! I could feel my eyes watering I pointed to the door. Get out now or I'm calling the police you have no right to come in here and try to take my child away from me. She shrugged fine, but you should know I'm going to keep trying. I just want what's best for her. I slammed the door and shuddered at the thought of my mom raising another kid.
Josh POV
I was working at the diner when I saw none other than Ms.Hart walk in. She came over to me and I tried to run, but she stopped me. Hello Josh how are you? I glared at her Katy what's your deal. You come to me after a year of silence just to say hi?! She laughed well no I was actually wondering if I could meet your daughter. I shook my head I don't this that's a good idea. Considering you hated her a year ago when we first found out she was coming. Katy laughed oh Josh that was so long ago who can remember what we said?! What do you really want from me? She smiled well I don't think Ashlyn should grow up with two very very young parents who are only supporting her on a waiters pay. I started to wipe down a table I think you forgot to mention that this neighborhood isn't the best. She nodded yes that too. I shrugged yeah so what we'll make the best of it until we can get a new house. She shook her head no I think I should raise her for now...it's what's best for everyone. I stopped what I was doing and swallowed no Katy you need to leave and stay out of our lives. Ashlyn is just fine with us. She hugged me stay strong Josh I hope the best for you. She left with the clicking of her heels.
Maya POV
I was bouncing Ashlyn trying to get her to stop crying when Josh came home. Oh thank god I said running over to Josh. She will not stop crying please hold her while I make a bottle. He sighed Maya I've had a hard day can't you just do it. I groaned Josh I thought we were in this together! Are you saying we can't raise this child?! His eyes widened wait she came here too? I nodded yes, but I told Antonio that if she comes back to not let her up. He nodded and took Ashlyn. You know what Maya if you're willing to take care of this princess then so am I. I smiled and kissed him in the cheek good because I wasn't going to take no for an answer.

I'm considering skipping ahead a couple years what do you guys think about that? Comment!!