Chapter 8

I meant to post this like a week ago!! My bad anyway enjoy!!
-------------------------------------------------
3 months later*
Maya POV
I am so huge and bloated I just want this baby to be here already! After many hours of fighting Josh and I decided on the perfect name. It's tough yet has an innocent side to it. We still have the problem with 3 middle names. I put on a pretty sundress since it's early May now. My home schooling is going pretty good. My friend Lucas says that people are spreading horrible rumors about me at school. Some are saying that I left the country and plan to put the baby up for adoption in London. Others are saying that Riley got pregnant too and we are living on the streets. Apparently one girl says she saw us begging for scraps of food. Yeah okay I don't care what crap people are saying about me. I'm fairly happy and that's all that's important. Josh and I spent the day packing for the hospital since we knew it would be any day now. I'm a little bit scared that something will happen. Finally I was exhausted and went to sleep around 9.
Josh POV
I was having a dream about my new daughter. I was holding her and then dropped her into a rushing waterfall. I started yelling, but she wouldn't come back. I shot up and Maya was shaking me like crazy. The bed was wet and I knew what happened. Josh she cried in between tears my water just broke. I jumped out of bed and pulled on some shoes. Okay Maya I'm going to pull the car around you grab the bag and be ready to leave ok? She got up Josh I'm not waiting I'm coming let's go. We ran into the elevator and to our surprise Mrs.Bair was in there. Hi Mrs.Bair why are you in the elevator at 11:00pm? She rolled her eyes I have my own life thank you very much. My whereabouts are to none of your concern. Maya groaned look lady I'm about to have a baby here so can you just shut up! Her eyes widened oh OH! Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I didn't know! The elevator felt like it was taking forever. We were just about to reach the bottom when the elevator stopped. Wait what NO! This can't happen now! I started to hit the door, but we were stuck between floors. Maya sunk down to the floor Josh I don't think I can go any farther. I rushed over and grabbed her hand don't worry I'll get you to the hospital. Mrs. Bair pushed the emergency button and called 911. By now Maya was screaming when there was pounding on the door. Excuse me is everything alright in there?! I ran up to the door no there is a lady in labor here. Her baby is about to come! The police said that they will try as fast as they can to get us out. Mrs.Bair rushed over to Maya who was in tears now. Honey I'm a retired nurse I'll help you through this. Now do you have anything soft in your bag we can use as a blanket. I grabbed the bag and pulled out a blanket. She put it on the floor and turned to me. Josh get next to her and hold her hand she'll need it trust me. I did as I was told and let Mrs.Bair take over. Maya had gone through 6 contractions by now. Mrs.Bair sighed ok Maya I think we need to start pushing on this one. Maya had a scared look in her eye, but nodded. Ok I'm ready for this baby.
Maya POV
I started to push and Mrs.Bair yelled oh I see a head! I pushed harder and then I heard the sound of a baby crying. She held a small baby in her hands and wiped it with some wet wipes. The she handed her to me I looked down and smiled. She had big green eyes just like me. I turned to Josh and handed her to him. Then I turned to Mrs.Bair. Thank you so much for all your help. She smiled as she wrote some stuff down. So what's the babies name? I looked at Josh and he nodded. Well we want to use your first name as her middle name because of your gracious help. She blushed oh no you don't need to do that. I smiled we want to now what's your first name? My names Sophia Bair. Josh smiled okay then welcome to the world Ashlyn Sophia Matthews. Mrs.Bair sighed I'm sorry for always being so rude to you two. You see I was in the same situation as you when I was 16. Except my boyfriend left me to take care the baby all on my own. My son Bryan didn't turn out like I expected. I just left the county jail visiting him because he's getting out soon. I was just worried that you two bright teenagers would go to waste raising a selfish child. I looked down at Ashlyn and she gave a small smile don't worry Sophia this one will be just fine. After 10 more minutes of waiting the elevator doors finally opened and I was greeted by a ton of paramedics. They rushed Ashlyn and I to the hospital to make sure everything was okay. I had to stay over night, but was able to leave in the morning. I got home and put a very tired Ashlyn into her crib. I was so blessed and happy about my life right now nothing could change that.

Spoke too soon Maya.....