Chapter 10

*1 year later*
For now I'm going to skip like ahead a yearish each chapter. Sort of like in a couple chapters after this I'll skip ahead like 3 years.
-------------------------------------------------
Maya POV
Having Ashlyn around has been absolutely amazing! It is a little hard to go to school online and take care of her, but we're making it work. Josh is still working at that little diner. It's not much, but it makes ends meet. I woke up and started to get an intense headache. This was not how I wanted to start my morning. I went to Ashlyn's room and woke her up. She made a little giggling sound. She stood up holding onto her crib waiting for me to pick out an outfit. I held up a little pink sundress with sparkly tights. She gave me a straight face and held out her hands. I laughed that means she hates it. Then I held up a ruffled pink dress with gold sparkles. She made the same reaction. I put my hands on my hips fine what would you like to wear? She pointed her hands and made a cooing sound towards the rocking chair. I picked up the bag in it and saw a little baseball outfit. I smiled looks like daddy decided to spoil you again. I quickly dressed her still suffering from my headache. I took my morning classes on my laptop while Ashlyn played with her toys. I tried to stay awake, but my headache was killing me! I soon fell asleep with Ashlyn laying on top of me. I was awakened by Josh shaking me. Geez Josh okay okay I'm up! He had a scared look in his eyes and I knew something was wrong. Josh what happened?! He sighed Maya there was a robbery at the diner today. Antonio said until further notice it's closed because he doesn't have the money to keep it open. I felt like I'd just been punched in the stomach. Josh how are we going to pay the bills and provide for Ashlyn?! He shrugged I don't know I'll start looking for work tomorrow. I was about to say something when my stomach took a turn in reverse. I ran to the bathroom and let out my lunch. Josh came over Maya are you sick? I shook my head no don't worry I probably just ate something I'm going to bed.
Josh POV
I can't believe I lost my job and now we're broke! There's not many jobs I can get with a high school diploma and half a college diploma. I woke up and went to see Ashlyn standing in her crib. I picked her up hey princess! Josh I turned to see Maya standing in the doorway. Josh I feel like crap and you need to go find a job. Can you take Ashlyn to Riley's or your parents house? I nodded yeah sure you just rest. She smiled and went back to bed. I picked up Ashlyn and put her in a cute little outfit. I grabbed my keys and left to find a job. First I dropped off Ashlyn at my parents house and then started driving around. After about 15 minutes I passed a grocery store that had a help wanted sign. I walked in with my résumé and met with the manager. He seemed very nice and liked me. He smiled well Josh I really like you so I'm going to say- he was interrupted by my phone buzzing. Ignore that you were saying? He nodded yes I'm saying- my phone went off again. He sighed Josh is something wrong? I checked my phone and my eyes bulged out. Uh um the manager took my phone. His face turned red um Josh I'm sorry, but I can't have anyone that irresponsible working here. I nodded thank you as I walked out he called back congrats though! I raced home and went over to Maya who was crying hysterically. I kissed her don't worry we'll get through this.

~ What did the text say? And why was Maya crying? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!!!!~