Chapter 17

Josh POV
Maya and Riley have been gone for a while. I have no clue where the went. I decided to go find them hopefully they hadn't been mugged or anything. Tony told me where they went and I ran across the street. I heard the two girls talking and decided to eavesdrop. It was Maya she was saying how she had a secret that she never told anyone and it was killing her inside. She said:I- I had Ashlyn on purpose. I could not believe what she was saying. I zoned out for everything else they were saying until I heard Riley.I've realized that I'm responsible enough to take care of Josh's and I's baby! I slammed my head against the building. I only slept with Riley once and look what happened! I came around the corner and confronted the girls. After Maya ran off I told Riley she had to take care of the baby herself. I walked off furiously. I don't know where it's not like I can go home now! I started to walk the streets thinking. I couldn't help Riley could I? It's not like we actually have feelings. The only reason I slept with her was because I was angry with Maya. It was the day I told her I was leaving. I had had a long talk with Tony and before going home I went the Riley's house. I don't even remember why I went there, but when I did only Riley was home. My feelings came out and she comforted me and things got a little heated. We only did it for about half an hour when I realized that I was really in love with Maya. I never thought anything would happen after it. I was horribly wrong what an idiot for thinking that I could sleep with others and get away with it. I arrived home and let everyone leave. I didn't give an explanation I just kicked everyone out. Ashlyn was playing with some dolls and Gavin was sleeping. I knelt down beside her princess did mommy come home yet? She shook her head and I sighed. Where could she be?! Obviously she wasn't with Riley and I didn't know who else she would go to. I put the kids to bed and tried to calm myself. She was fine right? It was around 2:00am when the phone rang. I gave a huge sigh of relief it was probably Maya saying she was coming home. I picked it up and said hello there was a man on the other end. Hello Mr.Matthews I'm the chief of the New York police and it seems your girlfriend Maya Hart was jumped earlier tonight. Some deputies found her in an alley in a pile of garbage. She was unconscious and her wallet was empty. I sunk down to the kitchen floor hyperventilating. This was all my fault. The chief continued. Um Maya was taken to the near by hospital so you can meet her there if you would like. I said thank you and hung up. How on earth was I going to tell the kids that their mom was in the hospital? I didn't know who else to call, but Riley. I told her what happened and she came right over. She didn't say much considering what happened. I thanked her and hurried to my car. Maya had to be okay right? I ran into the hospital and demanded to know where her room was. I rushed down the never ending hallways and finally found room 101. I walked in and almost broke down in tears. Maya was laying on the bed with a bunch of bruises all over her face. She had a broke arm too. Even though she was unconscious I sat down and started to talk to her. Maya I'm so sorry for what happened I'm an idiot. I'd understand if you wanted me out of your life forever. All I want is for you to be okay because I- I love you. I sighed and started to leave when I heard a faint Josh?

Just so you guys no I'm usually ending every chapter with a cliff hanger so....sorry😂😂