~Play With Fire~

AIM forces attack the avengers while they were on a mission. Emily, Natasha' girlfriend uses her new found power of fire to hold a big AIM robot soldier off...but she loses control over it alomst turing against the others. Natasha, had to use her widow bite to knock her own girlfriend out so she didn't hurt herself or anyone.

"Uh guys, we have a big one with some more soldiers headed our way" Kamala warns everybody. Tony, Hulk and Emily were way too busy trying to defend Natasha so she could hack her way into the facilty with JARVIS' help.

"Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic!" Emily exclaims. "Hulk, Tony. Take care of the guys on Nat's right. I'll take on the big guy." She then adds. The others agree knowing full well just what she was capable of. However, over the comms radio Natasha had hesistated. The last time Emily had tried to fend off a group or even a huge robot, she lost control of her power and almost killed everyone even herself. "Just be careful" Nat spoke rather softly over the comms.

She began attacking the big guy, no problem. Learning it's weak points. But her small flames just weren't enough; she needed a bigger one. Kamala came over to her side to help, managing to damage the turrets on the robot with ease then throwing these propane tanks up so that Emily could aim them directly at the enemy with a huge explosion. "Persistent bastard, eh?" Oh she was angry now. Natasha only needed a few more minutes until she had breached the AIM facilty but that huge robot just wasn't going down. Of course she was doing it damage but not enough power to bring it to the ground. "Tony, can you give me a hand? I'm gonna do something."

She heard a sigh over comms "Whatever you're about to do, don't! Remember what happened last time?" Oh yeah, she lost control. But maybe she could control it this time? She had been practising for the past five years she's had these powers with the help of Nat.

"I have to! It's the only way." But it wasn't, there was always alternatives. Then again if that robot reaches Natasha...then, she wouldn't let that happen.

"Emily! Don't you dare." She heard her girlfriend shout over the comms. But was she going to listen? Nope. Fully concentrated on the enemy. Flames started building up on her hands, to her arms and then eventually her whole body...her eyes the colour of flames. Her mind constantly whispering 'Don't lose control, focus'. With a big hit of her fire, the robot had ended up with a huge hole inside of it; Which inevitibly broke it down and instantly killed it. "Alright, thats it. You did it" Tony approached Emily with his praise, Kamala was about to do the same until she saw a certain look in Emilys eyes...one that screamed 'run' or 'kill me if I lose control'.

Just as she thought she had it under control, voices she heard all the time were in her head, telling her to kill her friends...telling her to destroy everything. Emily took one look at everyone...including Natasha who had ran towards her after finishing the hacking in.

"Who else wants to play with my fire?" Emily had started attacking them, nothing but the pure look of 'evil' in her eyes. Tony, Hulk and Kamala had to keep her busy as Natasha tries to calm her down and get her widow bite weapons ready. She didn't want to do this but...she wouldn't calm down. Luckily for Emily she is quite powerful so the worst this type of weapon of electricity could do to her was knock her out cold for an hour or two.

"I'm so sorry babe." Nat says as she threw her special weapon at Emily causing her to collapse on the ground.

~~

Emily started waking up. She hadn't really remembered much apart from the fact she lost control again. All she wanted to do was cry and hide in her room...she didn't want this to go on anymore, she didn't want to hurt anyone. Just as she was about to get up out of the bed she awoke on...she realised that she was in Natasha' room. Of course!

As soon as the door opened, and Natasha had ran in, Emily burst into tears. Realising what she had done. "Nat, I lost control again! Can't you see? I-I, why the hell don't you just kill me!" She cried out. The redhead wasn't known much for comforting but when it came to her girlfriend she was on comforting mode faster than anything. Nat wrapped her arms around Emily and allowed her to cry on her shoulder "No, why would I kill you?" Nat spoke softly, still suprised those words came out of Emily's mouth.

"Because I'm a danger! A threat! I didn't hurt anyone right?" She still sobbed. The only person she ever let see her like this was Natasha, nobody else ever saw her in such a state...because if they did she would feel weak.

"No, you're not. You just have to learn to control that part of you. I had to use my widow bites on you before that happened." At least she was being truthful. "So thats why I felt a sting in my head when I got up?" Emily laughed a little bit. "I'm sorry". Emily nodded, she knew that it was best, so of course she didn't really mind or complain at all much. It stung but it had to be done!

"Hey, you are you still. I wouldn't change anything about you. We're not all perfect and thats what makes us human, who we are". God, Natasha was never really good at pep talk but she was always so willing to try especially if it involved her favourite brunette woman.

"I don't deserve you Natasha Romanoff. What if I kill someone? What if I hurt you? I don't want to live with that...I can't-

"Hey, you deserve me. You deserve the world. I promise you that you won't hurt me, It can take some time but I know that you can control those powers. You're tough and badass" Emily couldn't help but smile and laugh a little at her redhead girlfriends remarks. She makes her feel so much better.

"Oh shut up Nat, I have and know the most badass, tough woman right here right now aka Black Widow, I'm nothing compared to you".

Natasha wiped the last tear that rolled down her girlfriends cheeks away. She gave her a smirk and pulled away from their embrace "How about you go train some more in the HARM room? But first we get cleaned up?" She offered. Emily knew exactly what she meant and was not going to turn that down whatsoever.

"But first" Emily replied, kissing Natasha within an instant. Nat laughed into the kiss, flipping her girlfriend over so she was on top. "As much as I like where this is going and love you. We have a mission to complete and a shower that's waiting for us" Natasha whispered before she gave another kiss to Emily's lips and then pulled away. So smooth Nat...so smooth. The two women walked over to the bathroom of Natasha' room in the Chimera, closing the door behind them both.