Chapter 3

I wake up the next morning and see a text from Brooklyn. He's really bugging me to go to his house. I text him
Me:
I'll come over later. I promise.
Brooklyn:
Okay. How about 4?
Me:
Sure!
I put my phone down and look at the clock. 11 AM it read. I grab my bikini, a towel, a magazine and a pair of sunglasses and head to the pool. I'm laying on a raft with my eyes closed when all of a sudden a soccer ball lands right next to me in the pool. I let out a little scream and fall into the water. I was beyond pissed. Suddenly, a little boy around 12 years old peers over the fence. I look at him, angry. Wait... No... That's Romeo. Romeo BECKHAM. This can't be happening. My grandma never told me the Beckhams lived next door! Oh great... I get out of the pool and dry off "sorry, that was my brother, Brooklyn." He says, apologizing. Even better. Romeo opens the gate and I walk into their backyard, holding the soccer ball in my hand. I drop it and kick it at Brooklyn. "Aria? You live next door?!" He asks looking surprised. "Yeah I didn't know either until a soccer ball almost hit me in the head!" I yell. "It's actually called a football." He says, grinning. I roll my eyes. "Well can you be more careful next time?" I say with my arms flailing around. Just as I'm about to head back home, I hear someone open the back door and I turn around. "Mum, this is Aria." Brooklyn says walking towards me. "Oh yes! I do know who she is! Why is she soaking wet?! What have you boys done!" Brooklyn explains and I give him an irritated look. She asks where I live and I tell her. She sounds really excited. "I'm gonna go dry off." I say as I spin around. "Wait." Brooklyn says. I turn around for probably the 3rd time. "What." I say. It was just me and him now. "I really am sorry, aria. I didn't know you lived right next door." He says. "It's okay, I believe you. Wanna come over?" I ask and he nods. We head into the house. My brothers are watching tv in the family room so they both turn to me as we walk in the doorway. Jayson stands up and Bryce just sits there looking surprised. "Who's this." Jayson asks. Brooklyn looks nervous. "Just a friend. He lives next door." I say casually. "He's David Beckham's son." I add. His eyes light up. "I'm Jayson." He says shaking Brooklyn's hand. I roll my eyes. "Come on, Brooklyn." I say as I grab his hand and pull him up the stairs. "Don't do anything!" Bryce snickers. I raise my middle finger up and walk into my room, closing the door behind us. "Don't mind them." I say, grabbing clothes to change into out of my closet. "Stay here, I'll be changing." I say, looking at him. "Or you can change in here." He smirks. "I was thinking about it, but since you brought it up I'm changing in the bathroom." I smirk, he looks disappointed. I put my hair into a high ponytail and change into my clothes. Finally, I come out of the bathroom and brush my hair. Brooklyn looks up from his phone. His mouth drops. "You're gorgeous." He stutters. "Why thank you, now close your mouth." I say as I lift his chin so his mouth isn't open anymore. "Let's go to my house so you can meet the rest of them." He says laughing. "Fineee..." I say as he drags me along. "Going to Brooklyn's!" I shout. My grandparents come up to me and tell me I can't. "Why not?" I ask. Usually they let me go anywhere. "We got a call from your parents... We're going back to america for a few weeks..." My mouth falls open. "What?!" I yell. "Do I have to?!" I screech, Brooklyn looks upset. "Unless you can find a place to stay, you're coming with us." My grandpa says.

Oooh, cliffhanger. What happens next? Any guesses?