2: The saving

Bella

After changing my coffee drenched uniform with a new one I hurry back to my van and join my partner - who I must add is not even surprised that something like this happened.

"More work - related accident I presume." Ethan, says in a sarcastic tone.

I roll my eyes at his joke and then shrug my shoulder in his direction, silently letting him know - I can do anything about it. Trouble just finds me wherever I go, what can I say. I am famous.

"Ethan, you know what I always say 'If there is no scar show, there is no story to share'." I say while showing him my hand and flipping them up and down. So he can check for any burn marks.

"Bella you and your life mottos." he replies while shaking his head in disbelief. He then starts his van and heads out of the parking lot.

Six Hours later.

"Bella you want to grab something to eat? We are near a diner" Ethan ask. His eyes fixed on the road.

"Sure, Let's get something to eat. I am hungry." I reply as I pull press down on my radio and inform the other team that we guys are stopping for a quick break. They all give us an okay signal and we turn into the diner's parking space.

Once the van was safely parked, Ethan and I headed towards the diner. The moment we entered the old diner the waitress looks up at from behind the cash register. She is an older women who looks to be in her late- 40's. She smiles and welcomes us to the diner as she hands us the menu card.

"Go ahead and decided what you guys want and I will be there shortly." The waitress says and we kindly accept the menu card and move to the corner table to sit.

After a minute or so she approaches us with a pen and pad in her hand. "So guys know what you are having?"

"Yes, please can I have a cheeseburger with fries and a vanilla milkshake." I give her my order and then glance across the table at Ethan.

"Ah and can I have a Philly cheesesteak sandwich and a black coffee." He ordered after taking his time to go over the list.

"Sure." She says as she jots down our order on the pad "It will be out in five minutes but I will get the coffee right away. Sounds okay?" She informs us as she looks at Ethan for approval. He nods and she goes behind the counter to him his coffee.

When she comes back with Ehtha's a minute later I ask her where the restroom is. She points me to the hall in the left and I thank her before heading in that direction.

I take just a few minutes to take care of my business and then I wash my hand and head out. I heard a loud thud sound through the bathroom windows. It seems like it came from the back and it sounded like someone fell on the dumpster outside. But I wasn't sure until I heard a low painful moaning sound.

Thinking that someone might be hurt and in need of help, I rush out. I notice there is a side service door at the end of the hall. So without thinking twice I rush out to inspect the sound.

I step out in the alley behind the diner. It was dark out here but with the help of the street light I could figure out where the dumpster located and headed in that direction. Right now it was so quiet out here making me wonder if I heard it wrong.

"Hello. Anybody here? You need help?" I whispered softly sounding not sure.

Then I reached the dumpster and I stood on my tiptoe to look over the dumpster but found nothing there.

"Hello?" I said again sounding more confident and sure.

"Do you need any help?" I say while moving taking few steps in the heading behind the dumpster. I just wanted to make sure there was no one out here and it was just my imagination.

But the moment the I peeked behind the dumpster I saw a man lying on the ground covered in blood. I gasped in shock and quickly move close to him.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask the man softly while leaning forward towards his body to check on him. But I stop when I hear several footsteps running in our direction. I wonder if they are looking for him or here to help. I was about to check that but the man pulled me on top of him and quickly circled his strong arm around my waist.

I was about to gasp out loud in surprise but he quickly covered my mouth with his hands. I looked at the man in confusion as I pinned my eyebrows together. But he didn't say anything except to pull me more closer to him.

It takes my eyes a second to adjust to the darkness down here but the moment my eye meet with he man, I suck in a sharp breath.

The man lying under me had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. He had disheveled dark brown hair, which looked so damn sexy with his sun-kissed skin. He had thick brows with round big eyes. Surrounding his ocean blue eyes were long eyelashes, that every girl desires. His plump lips were pale but so very attractive and captivating. I wanted to touch them but decided not to. He had strong face with well-defined jaw. And he was spotting a five o'clock shadow too. GOD he was attractive.

"You sure he came in this direction??" one of the guys said.

"Yes, Boss. He jumped right out of the moving car and ran in this direction." The other guys replied.

"He saw our faces you idiots, you know what it means??" the first guy yells in frustration.

"Boss, I found his jacket. I think he went this way." A guy yells from far and they all run in that direction.

I wait for a few more minute to make sure they left before I try to move and sit next to him on my knees and scan his injuries.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did they do that to you?"I say while frantically moving my hand around his body to examine the injuries.

He grabs my wrist gently to stop me but I don't stop and keep talking. "I am a paramedic and my partner is in the diner, I can call him. So we can take you to hospital. You need to go to hospital." I inform him with a stern look. But all he does is shake his head suggesting no.

"No!! Really. Can't you see all the blood? You are not okay. You need to go to hospital. Please let me help you." I say in disbelief and continue to talk even when he tires to open his mouth to say something.

"You have lost a lot of blood and you are not thinking straight. So you need to trust my judgement and let me take you to the hospital." I ramble off while moving his shirt to the side.

I gasp "OMG those guys. I am so going to give them a piece of my mind when I am done taking care of you." I say with both concern and annoyance. Concern obviously for him and annoyance for those guys who thought they could hurt him.

And before I could blabber any more he pulls my wrist towards him making me fall on top of him, once again. He winces in pain when I fall on top of him but before I could move. He circles his strong muscular arm around my waist and looks straight at me with those charming blue eyes and whispers.

"Angel. Breathe."