13: Three words

Lucca

"26th street??" I said in confusion. What was Corbiniano doing in a residential area?

Ciro turns around in his seat and looks at me in disbelief and shock. But why?? What was happening? When I couldn't register the reason behind his expression, I looked at Francesco. He had the exact same expression as Ciro. Shock

"What's wrong??" I ask both of them as I look at each one of them in annoyance. What was the matter?? Why were they so pale like they have seen a ghost?

"Lucca, it's..." Ciro starts to speak carefully, but Francesco abruptly stands up and grabs both my shoulder in a strong grip but was very careful of my injured shoulder.

"You need to sit for this Lucca." He says as he turns both of us around and nudges me to sit down at the seat he just vacated.

"Francesco just spill it. You don't have to be fragile with me because I am injured." I bark at him. I just wanted to know what on earth happened that both my brothers are gone speechless. And suddenly my Angels face comes in my mind "Is it my Angel?? Did something happen to her??" I say as I try to stand from the chair. The fear of losing her causes my heart to squeeze with pain.

Francesco kneels in front of me and looks right at me "Lucca, I am going to tell you something but you need to hear it till the very end before you start throwing punches. Okay???" He asks in a firm tone, one I was very familiar with. Francesco always spoke less but when he did he always went straight to the point no BS. I nod in understanding.

"Last night when I went to drop Miss.Gabrielle back at her apartment I apologized to her for my mistake. And as a peace offering I gifted her a digital watch." I frown in confusion, how was this all related to Corbiniano but I decided to remain quite.

"I got a GPS tracker and mic installed in it." And hearing that my blood started to boil with anger. How could he do this when he literally promised me he wouldn't invade into my angel's life anymore? But before I could move out of the seat and punch him, he tightens his hold on my healthy shoulder "You need to listen everything first Lucca. Don't let love blind you, it has ruined my life once and I won't let it ruin yours."

My nostrils flared in anger but I let him continue. "I also asked K to keep Miss.Gabrielle under surveillance. To keep track of whom she meets and what she does during her off time."

I was getting more and more angry by the passing minute. How could he do something like this?just how on earth?? But when I notice he wasn't done, I said " And what else Francescco...what else did you do behind my back??"

After a minute of silence Francesco looks back at me with so much worry in his eyes.

"Corbiniano..." he exhales loudly and continues. "He just parked his ugly butt outside Miss.Gabrielle's apartment building." He said the rest of the sentence in a single breath and waits for my reaction.

His words felt like a bullet that pierced through my heart very slowly, squeezing the life right out of me. I could believe my dark side was effecting my angel. My pure angel. The light in my darkness. My angel.

I stood up abruptly and pushed Francesco to the side "Francesco, if Corbiniano will hurt her I will kill him, kill him with my bare hands." I growled loudly as I pushed him out of my way when he tired to stop me again. I needed to go to my angel protect her. Protect her from my darkness. She was the only good in my bad world.

After so many years of killing and living in darkness. I didn't care. I didn't have anyone who cared for me. But after my angel it all changed. She was my biggest weakness and also my strength. And to protect her I will do anything. ANYTHING.

"Lucca calm down nothing is going to happen to her." He says with so much confidences. "She works for CORBINIANO" He insinuated Corbiniano's name letter by letter.

"No she doesn't" I growl at him and grab the lapels of his suit jacket. He doesn't trust my angel, but that doesn't mean I have to trust his judgement. I don't care what he says. I believe in my angel.

"Oh really then tell me how does he knows about her. How does he knows where she lives? We just meet her 2 days back and now he is already at her place. How Lucca, How do you explain this?? How??" Francesco said.

"I don't know Francesco. I don't know. I have no explanation to your crazy theories but that doesn't mean you are right. I trust her and my words should be enough for you to trust her too Francesco."

"Okay, then let me prove it to you for once and for all." Francesco snails back at me in anger and pushes me off him.

Francesco goes to his laptop and opens up a new window and sign in to some account. Then two seconds later a GPS app opens up and showing a red blinking dot. "Ciros hack into the CCTV footage of Miss.Gabrielle's apartment." Francesco says as he pulls his phone out from his pocket and calls someone.

"K keep an eye on them and stay on line." He says as he places his cellphone on table and mutes the call. So K can't hear our conversation until we want him too.

"Ciro now. Move." Francesco orders Ciro again when he notices Ciro hasn't move from his spot. He looks at me and I nod in agreement. Then he hurries back to his laptop and starts typing in furiously.

Francesco looks back at me and then presses the spacebar of his laptop and I hear my angel's voice. I look up at him in confusion "It's the mic that I installed in her smart watch." And I just roll my eyes to that.

"Done" Ciro says as he moves the screen so all three of us can see. I move closer to Ciros laptop and then increase the volume on Francesco's so I could hear my angel's voice. All three of us quietly hear their conversation and watch the CCTV video on Ciro's laptop.