10: His Truth

Lucca

It's been almost two hours now since my angel had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Her strawberry scented shampoo was tingling my nose and I was enjoying it. Our fingers were entwined with each other and I kept rubbing circles with my thumb over her wrist. I noticed she had a gauze bandage on her palm. I wondered what happened and decided to ask her about it once she is awake. But until then I was enjoying the feeling of her lying next to me. At that moment I didn't care about anything. I just wanted my angel next to me all the time. Forever.

She shifted slightly when my phone on the nightstand pinged with an incoming message. I didn't want to wake her up. So I grabbed my phone quickly silencing it and then looked down at her. She was still sleeping peacefully. I sighed with relief because I wasn't ready to let this moment come to an end. Also that I wanted her to rest because I knew she must be tired. Because I knew she had the night shift earlier and then I woke her up in the middle of her sleep, only to interrogate her.

I felt anger building up in me as I got furious over Francesco and Ciro stunt all over again. I couldn't believe Francesco. I literally told him not to ruin this and how important my angel was for me. But still he went with his shenanigans and asked my angels those awful questions. 

I knew he was burned from his past girlfriend, which left scarred and doubting every single girl he met. But he can't go around ruining other peoples love story. I already had enough trouble on my plate to worry about with Francesco's help. I was scared she will run for the hills once she knows my reality, my demons, my enemies. The thought of my angel running away from me causes my heart to ache and it had nothing to do with my injuries. 

The phone in my hand vibrates with another incoming message. I glance down and see two text messages from Francesco. Talk about the devil. 

Francesco:  All okay???

 Francesco: If you don't reply in a minute, I am walking in.

I just roll me eyes at that and then quickly type in a message just in case he decides to barge in and wake my angel up.

Lucca: All okay and don't you dare barge in. She is sleeping and I would like to keep it that way.

His reply comes with a seconds.

Francesco: Just letting you know she has night shift today. So she has to get going in an hour, if she wants to make it on time. Also the dinner is ready.

Lucca: And how on earth do you know that?? 

Francesco: Ciro just told me that. Apparently they both bonded on their way over and she mentioned it to him.

At that I looked at my angel. She was sleeping so peacefully. Her long, thick eyelashes were resting on her creamy cheeks. Her lips were slightly parted, and she was snoring softly. God she is perfect and I hope soon she will be mine.

She shifted next to me, and I felt her waking up. Then she opened her eyes slowly and tensed.

"Angel," I whisper softly letting her know it was okay. She was okay.

She looked up at me and scanned my face. Then her body visibly relaxed and she shyly smiled at me.

"Did I wake you up??" I whispered as I got my lips close to her forehead and placed a soft kiss there. I didn't move, I kept my lips there loving how skin felt on my lips. She released a small hmmm sound and moved closer to my chest. I loved her response to my touch.