Chapter 31; Her Idiot

UNEDITED

"Hey, where are you?" 

Davy widened her eyes as she made eye contact with Lucinda across the room. Apparently, the fact that she wasn't supposed to leave the house had escaped her mind when she answered Scott's call. 

"...out." 

Chuckling, Scott continued questioning her, "And where exactly is 'out?'"

Sighing, Davy collected herself, "It's fine, I just had Lucinda pick me up, and now we're hanging out in her hotel room." 

"Okay, cool," he replied simply, "Well, text me if you need me to pick you up." 

"That would be great, actually..." she trailed off as she picked up the box of hair dye and read the instructions, "Could you pick me up in... twenty to twenty five minutes?" 

Laughing quietly, Scott agreed, "Alright. I'll text you when I get there." 

Letting out a breath of relief, Davy hung up the phone and turned to look in the mirror. Giggling at her appearance, she turned on the sink and tried her best to wash out the mixture. Lucinda briefly aided her in making sure they didn't skip the back of her head. 

As soon as her hair was mostly dry, Davy slathered the dye in.  

Time seemed to pass at an instant as she soon found herself washing it out. Lucinda refused to let her look in the mirror until it was completely dry. 

That being said, Davy sat on the edge of the sink as Lucinda blow-dried her hair. As soon as her hair was dry, Lucinda unboxed a set of hair clippers and began correcting a few of Davy's mistakes. 

To say Davy was pleased with the outcome would be an understatement. 

As she turned to see herself in the mirror, Davy's smile widened. Her hair had been transformed into what she could only describe as a shaggy pixie cut with one side shaved. It had been dyed a bright, neon green. 

Her trance was interrupted by a knock on the door. Lucinda exited to answer it, but Davy already knew who stood on the other side. Shoving down her nerves, She exited the bathroom into the open area. 

Davy looked to the door to find her boyfriends staring at her over Lucinda's shoulder, utterly shocked. He stepped around his cousin and jogged awkwardly across the room. 

Smiling widely, Scott reached up to tuck a piece of hair behind Davy's ear, "Looks great." 

Davy sighed, relieved, "Good. I figured if I'm starting a new chapter, I might as well have a new look." 

Scott nodded, his eyes moving from her hair to her face. He pulled her into a tight hug, his hand brushing over the shaved side. 

"Seriously, Dav. You look amazing," he added, stepping back. 

Readjusting her crutches, Davy flashed him a smile. She leaned forward and placed a small kiss on his cheek before walking around him, back towards the door. 

"We should probably get going, yeah? Matt probably thinks I got hit by another car," she chuckled before turning to Lucinda, "Thanks for your help. I'll pay you back for everything you bought today." 

Scott waved one final goodbye to his cousin before the couple left the room and started back towards the elevator. 

"I already told Matt what you were doing," Scott reassured her, "We don't need to go back yet. Actually, since you seem to have no problem leaving the house anymore, I was thinking we could go on a date." He smiled at her hopefully before quickly adding, "It's okay if you aren't up for it. We can just go home, too."