Epilogue

UNEDITED

"If you've broken my child, you're no longer her god-mother." 

Davy scoffed and carried her four month old niece around the counter, "I'm didn't break your child, Matt." 

She handed the baby off to her brother, and walked towards the front of the store. Spencer greeted her at the door. 

Jack waved them off as the three of them walked out of the store. He shouted as they were leaving, "Text me if anything interesting happens!" 

Confused, Davy looked to Matt, "Is something interesting supposed to happen?" 

Matt rolled his eyes, "Ignore Jack. Jack's weird." 

Shrugging, Davy accepted his answer without complaint. To be fair, it was true. If she'd learned anything after working for Jack for six months, it's  that there's no reason to overthink anything he says. 

Over the past nine months, Davy had managed to settle into her house in Idaho. The media stopped paying attention to her within three months of her last show, and she couldn't be happier. 

Of course, not a day passed when she didn't miss her friends, but she was growing more and more used to the distance every time they called. Her phone bill admittedly skyrocketed, but it was a small price to pay in order to keep in contact with her bandmates and boyfriend. 

Sure, they'd all gotten together for Christmas, but that was almost six months ago. Since then, most of Davy's human interaction consisted of hanging out with her brother, Spencer, Jack, and occasionally, Jack's wife, Alex. 

There wasn't much to be said for her social life. She hadn't exactly made any new friends. Davy had always been an introverted person, and living in the spotlight didn't manage to change that. Sure, it helped her learn how to fake confidence, but that was about it. 

She'd moved into a house in her old neighborhood, four streets down from Matt and Spencer. It was nothing more than a simple, suburban home, but she didn't need it to be any more now that she was on her own more often than not. 

Aside from the fact that she'd been hit by two different cars in this neighborhood, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Her neighbors kept to themselves for the most part, which was all she could ask from them. 

As for the town, she no longer had to walk five miles to find a  store. She lived at the edge of the neighborhood, which was about five blocks from the nearest convenience store. 

Davy  was broken from her thoughts when Spencer spoke up. 

"Hey, you know that café that's being built down by the high school?" 

Davy nodded, "Yeah, why?" 

"I think they finished it." 

Davy grinned, "Oh... do you think we should go check it out?" 

Matt smirked at his wife before looking back at Davy, "Yeah, I think that's a great idea." 

Davy crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes, "What have you done?" 

Matt rolled his eyes, "I didn't do anything... I just think visiting the new café is a good idea. Support small businesses, ya know?" 

Davy shoved her hands in her pockets and mumbled, "Right..." 

Her suspicions didn't cease until they reached the high school. Matt seemed overly eager to get there, while Spencer kept smacking him every time he started acting suspicious, which only confused and frightened Davy even further.