Gone for good

"H-Hi Kacchan!" I say gasping. I burst into tears and he frowns. "I'm s-so happy you're alive! I was so worried!" I say sobbing and he shushes me. "Come lay down with me Deku." He says weakly. I shake my head sadly. "You're too hurt and I don't want to make it worse." I say and he nods understandingly. 

"I love you so much and I'm glad that even as your bodyguard you remain selfless." He says holding my hand tight. "I love you too. You're so amazing. Thank you for saving my life Kacchan" I say and he chuckles raspily. "The fuck am I here for?" He asks sarcastically making me giggle. "I don't know you tell me." I joke and he smiles.

Kacchan's friends walk in and hug him. We start talking and hanging out together.

~Timeskip two days later~

The detective questioned Kacchan and now they're looking for the culprits. We were on the hospital bed and he was eating calmly. Kirishima walks in smiling and waves. "Hey you two." He chimes and I smile. "Helloooo!" I say smiling.

I kind of wanted alone time with Kacchan between the visits, the detective, police forces...I just wanted Kacchan time to myself. Sadly it didn't seem like I could take out my selfish card today. I haven't my whole life and was hoping to today.

"Hey Kiri, it's good to see you." Kacchan says and Kirishima stops. "Wow man, I guess life-threatening situations really do change people and their outlook in life." He chuckles and I smile. "Not like he needed to change though. But change is always refreshing." I say and Kirishima hums in agreement. "Very true. I brought a gift. For both of you. And some food. I heard the hospital food here is shit so I snuck some in." He says proudly and I giggle.

"I'm not too pro on rule-breaking but...I guess it couldn't hurt right?" I say and Kacchan nods grinning. "Whatcha bring?" He asks and Kirishima takes out Carl's Jr. "Burgers." He says and Kacchan snatches it drooling. "That's mine-" Kirishima says and replaces burgers before Kacchan could explode. I giggle as Kirishima gives me one and we all began talking.

After a week or so, the detectives came back and Kacchan was getting ready to leave. "Hello, we'd like to tell you that we have caught the culprits. "Haru spilled all of the beans." The detective said and I light up at that. "They just may be gone for good!" I say cheerfully and Kacchan smiles, kissing my cheek. "Finally." He says and I nod.

We leave the hospital and watch the news. Kacchan practically grumbled and grunted. "Turn off the news, it makes me sad." He says and just as I was looking for the remote. "5 people were found dead in the fire while 3 reported to be critically injured." The anchorwoman said and I gasp. "Noooo" I whine and Kacchan scoffed. "Told you." He grumbles and I turn it off before looking up what happened on my phone.

I soon got a phone call and answer it. "Hello? I'm doing well. Yes...I'm sitting. What's going on? Oh-...oh my God....wow. Okay...holy...I'll tell him." I say and bit my lip. "Bye...thank you." I said and I saw Kacchan staring at me. "Haru has been sentenced to prison without parole. 15 years. Apparently he did a whole bunch more illegal shit." I say and his eyes blew open wide. "Holy fuck-" He says and I nod. "Not to mention...they found Melissa dead. Apparently, Haru killed her off." I say in complete shock. "What the absolute shit" He exclaims. "I don't...even know." I say. I didn't even know how to feel or think of the situation. Yeah, we were free but...what even...how was I to make of all of this?