III. Backpack

Be the magic, not the illusion ~ unknown

~>.<~

It was past 11 at night and suddenly there was the clicking of locks and opening of the door. A figure of a guy with a backpack, jacket hanging on his one shoulder and camera in his hand entered. He walked towards the dining table, grabbed an apple, and was about to go…Taehyung flinched due to the sudden voice.

"There's food in the microwave and no need to eat that apple at night" Taehyung's dad switched on the lamp.

"Appa!! you scared me and why haven't you gone to bed yet?"

"I was reading."

"In the dark? Huh? Don't lie appa," Taehyung switched on more lights.

"Oh, I'm the liar?"

"Ahh..sorry appa and I know you were waiting for me to come home but you should sleep early." They both sat on the dining table.

"If I would have slept on time, when would I see you? Tomorrow morning you're off to Seonjaryeong."

"Yeah so?...oh... Seonjaryeong?" Taehyung didn't tell his dad about the trip yet and now he was caught red-handed.

"And I'm the liar, very good," Taehyung's dad replied sarcastically. He took out the trekking pamphlet and read, "Trekking expedition to Seonjaryeong, daunting and octane adventure."

Taehyung took the pamphlet from his dad's hand, "Why did you enter my room appa." he asked politely.

"Tae, where were you?" His mom came in the scene and took out a jar filled with a strawberry shake from the refrigerator.

"Hello, Eomma."

"Why didn't you tell us about the trip? I know that you like to travel but at least tell us where are you going. By the way, where were you at this night's time?" His mom poured his shake in a glass and gave it to him.

"Ahh, I went out...to take a few night shots...of the sky," he said while drinking his shake in one go.

"So when are you leaving?" His dad asked

"Tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning" Taehyung got up, took his bag, winked at his dad, and went to his room.

~>.<~

Taehyung's room was large but super messy, one of the walls of his room was covered with pictures & photographs pasted randomly like a collage. 

His eyes went to his bed where his clothes were lying, along with his jackets, his backpack, his trekking equipment, his boots, and suddenly he spotted a new backpack kept on his bed.

"Is the colour alright?" His dad asked from behind.

"Ahh, pretty dark blue, thanks appa but you didn't have to get it, I already have one -" he noticed his old backpack's condition, dull-coloured, ragged from the bottom.

"I don't think this will make up to you on your trip" Taehyung's dad picked up his old backpack.

"Ahh... hehehe" he giggled

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Appa, you would have stayed up all night if I had slept at Jimin's today. I just didn't want you to worry about that at all, I know that if I had told you about the trip, you would have said that I don't spend time with you guys. I know but I can't sit in one place, it's just not me... I want to travel, explore."

His dad totally understood him and ruffled his hair. "I got it...take care of my son, okay?" he said to the new backpack.

"Thanks, appa, I'll be careful" Taehyung smiled

~>.<~

Sorry for the short chapter….

Well, it was fun to write Taehyung's part. Do tell me how you liked Taehyung and his family so far?

~SilverBlxde