XXVI. A New beginning

Trust the magic of new beginning ~ unknown

~>.<~

31st December, New Year's eve

The celebration of New year's eve was going on into the night, everyone dancing like they'd forgotten how to stand still. Everyone's a little more hyped up than they should be.

New Years Eve celebration is a chance to reflect upon the future, to see each year before had morphed into the next and to think about the trajectory we were all on.

And Jungkook was resting in his house. After wishing good luck to his employees for the New Year, he came back from the party early. He was not feeling to do anything these days after returning from the trip. He was just sitting in his balcony gazing stars without any expressions and then his house bell rang.

He opened the door and-

"Hi" Taehyung said smilingly. He was having a cake and a champagne bottle in his hands, standing at the doorway with all handsome-ness and elegance, wearing a dark blue blazer and his usual boxy smile, he was looking amazing. Perhaps this is what is meant by a gentleman.

"Here" Taehyung gave the champagne bottle to Jungkook and crashed his lips onto him. Jungkook's body immediately loses and arms touch Taehyung's shoulders. It was just a peck but was enough for Jungkook to get stunned.

Taehyung smiled and went further in the house. Jungkook was still standing smiling at the doorway realizing what just happened.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook turned around and asked Taehyung who was settling the cake on the table.

"I've come to spend new year's eve with you." Taehyung gave a warm boxy smile and again gave a peck on Jungkook's lips. He then took the champagne bottle from him.

"Paris?" Jungkook asked.

"Cancel"

"Why?"

"I didn't want to risk it, what if someone else whisked you away?! huh?"Taehyung said while opening champagne.

"Seriously, you are not going?"

"I refused their offer so I could take you up on yours!" with a pop the bottle opened in Taehyung's hand.

"Should we make this lighting a little romantic? hehe" Taehyung giggled and switched off the light.

For a second it was completely dark in the room but when the lights came back, Taehyung saw tears were rolling down Jungkook's cheeks.

"Hey, are you afraid of dark?" Taehyung reached out for Jungkook who was now sitting on the couch. Taehyung bent down and sat on his knee.

"I love you" Jungkook replied with teary eyes.

"Then come on, on that note let's have some cake." Taehyung smiled, wiped Jungkook's tears and fed him a small piece of cake.

"This job was... everything to you." Jungkook said while chewing, he was still so emotional.

"It was but there is a right time for everything and today.... " Taehyung took out a ring case from his pocket,"Is the right time for this."

Jungkook with questioning eyes took the ring case from Taehyung's hand and opened it. Instead of a ring, a small chocolate was placed in it.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook closed the ring case and playfully hit Taehyung. He was about to get up but suddenly Taehyung caught his hand and inserted the ring in his finger.

"Will you marry me?" Taehyung proposed in a sweet voice.

"Are you.. kidding?" Jungkook shockingly asked looking at the ring.