XIV. Rubik's cube

Not all changes come to dispute your life, some come to embrace your life's journey ~ unknown

~>.<~

A short guy wearing an off-white shirt tucked in his black pants stormed into Jungkook's office. His sharp jawline, plump pink lips, glaring eyes behind black shaded sunglasses and hair styled backwards, exposing his forehead were captivating under his elegant walk. Mr Park Jimin was now in CEO Jeon's office.

The office was painted white with one side of the room with a floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the main road. The two remaining walls contained a door, a bookshelf bursting with books, and a single oil painting - a vase of flowers by Vincent van Gogh.

On the grey coffee table near the couch sat Jungkook's Macbook, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a turtle-shaped paperweight.

In the corner, the air conditioner was blasting at medium, the black glass surface of Jungkook's office desk was equally uncluttered: an iMac, a leather notebook, and two framed photographs of seven boys and Jungkook's parents. The desk was paired with a swivel chair in the middle of the office on which Jungkook was sitting comfortably with his legs raised and placed on his desk.

His black business blazer was hung on the back of his chair, his plain white shirt's sleeves were folded up to his elbow and his tattoos on his right hand which had veins all the way up to his forearm were quite visible. Loose tie and messy hair which grew past the tops of his ears were parted from one side and styled with subtle waves which gave a wet sheen look, that hairstyle with an undercut looked stunning on him.

Jimin saw Jungkook was busy solving his Rubik's cube, "Jeon Jungkook! Why aren't you picking up your phone? I have been calling you since morning and why the hell this secretary of yours was not letting me in?"

"Calm down Jimin, why are you so hyper today?" Jungkook calmly asked, still solving his Rubik's cube.

"I already told you, I am super irritated with you! First of all, tell me why aren't you picking up my calls?" Jimin came and sat in the chair in front of Jungkook's desk.

"Ahh, I left my phone at home today, my apologies for that Mr Park" Jungkook sarcastically mocked.

"And why the hell your secretary was not allowing me in, did you hire a new secretary again? I haven't seen her here before."

"Oh yes she joined last week, she must not be knowing you, don't worry I'll let her know," Jungkook was still busy with his cube.

"What! You fired three secretaries in the last six months, are you crazy? Who does that?"

"What can I do? They don't do their work properly on time, but I think Lisa will do better than others,"

"Okay whatever, I hope you won't fire her like the others, I think it's difficult for you to find a good secretary....anyway I was calling you to remind you about today's dinner, everyone will be there, don't forget."

"Hmm..." Jungkook was not paying attention.

"Jungkook! Are you even listening? JUNGKOOK!"

"Ahhh! Ya ya, I won't fire her."

"Did you even hear what I said after that?"

"Ohh come on Jimin, of course, I heard." Jungkook confidently slid his solved Rubik's cube across the table and got up, "How can I forget about today's dinner discussion, when it's all about our dear Mochi and his bachelor trip?" Jungkook came behind Jimin and hugged him.

"Of course, you can forget, if you can forget your phone on which you attend your important calls, then this is nothing," Jimin sarcastically said and turned his chair to face Jungkook.

"Ohh Jiminie, sorry for not picking up your calls, it won't happen again." Jungkook went to his Macbook which was lying on his coffee table, "Anyway do you have any suggestions where we can go for the trip?"

"Ahh yes, you don't worry about it" Jimin got up, "I am getting late but you don't forget, 8 pm sharp!" he said while pointing towards Jungkook.

"Don't worry my darling Mochi! " Jungkook playfully commented.

"No wonder Jungkook has changed a lot since we last went together on that trip." Jimin chuckled to himself while closing the office's door behind him.

~>.<~

It was past 7:30 in the evening and Jungkook was driving to Jimin's for dinner.

Jungkook remembered the time when he met Jimin after school and went on that trek, he didn't think they would keep in touch when they returned.

Then, one night his phone rang, "Open the door" and there he was...Jimin, with beer in his hand and backpack on his shoulder, they had a fun sleepover that night and then Jungkook realized he had made a true friend.

Jimin, along with Hoseok and Yoongi joined Big Hit Entertainment as choreographers and music composers after their graduation.

At that time, Big Hit only used to manage solo artists but when Jeon Enterprises bought Big Hit Entertainment, they all got an opportunity to become head of their own departments, they decided to create a band and launched nationwide auditions to recruit the members of the group and that's when BTS, a seven-member South Korean boy band formed which debuted under Big Hit Entertainment.

Jimin worked along with Hoseok as one of the head choreographers, he had a major in music too and hence he also worked as senior music composer along with Yoongi.

Namjoon and Jin also got an opportunity to work in Big Hit, they already had opened a photo studio but they also joined Big Hit as head videographers and senior directors. The band's music videos and shooting department were under them.

As Big Hit Entertainment was under Jeon Enterprises, the business and stock market department of the company was managed by Jungkook. The company's shares were equally divided among the six of them. Working together helped them make much stronger bonds and friendships.

In short, all of them used to work together and Big Hit was managed by six managing directors but the company was missing only one of their friends, Taehyung.

~>.<~

In 5 yrs a lot has changed and especially Jungkook, I'm happy that they all were working together but still I miss Tae a lot here, though I'm excited to write further... let's see how it goes ^_^

~SilverBlxde