XVI. Late Autumn

Inhale the future, exhale the past ~ unknown 

~>.<~

It was the last day in Paris, people often referred to it as the 'City of Light' (La Ville Lumière) or as the 'City of love' (La Ville De L'amour) because of its beauty.

Taehyung and his crew had a rest day. He was sitting in a nearby park with a camera resting on his lap and watching the park's beautiful scenery peacefully. It was a fine autumn day. Far enough from summer to have lost the heat and not close enough to winter to have that bite of cold.

"What are you looking at, Tae?" Baekhyun came and sat next to him.

"Looking at the time which is passing by." Taehyung said mysteriously staring into the unknown.

Slight breeze rustled the leaves making them fall to the solid ground one by one. The air was warm, the beams of sunlight glowing on their skin. Flowers were vast, and they concealed the freshly cut green grass. The pathway was nothing more than dirt littered with random rocks. Children were playing and the parents were talking among each other.

"Wow...looking at the time which is passing by..." Baekhyun said, appreciating Taehyung's words,"I don't know why Tae… but you're making me miss home today."

"Liar, like you really miss home." Taehyung sarcastically eyed Baekhyun.

"I do, but then… I forgot" Baekhyun sighed,"Me and you are basically the same… People like us are like vagabonds... for us, to wander is to live and this love is that 'why', the moment we will be back in San Francisco you'll leave our company, am I right?" Baekhyun questioned.

Taehyung was about to leave the company, he never settled at one place, he traveled, joined different companies, experienced different things, met new people and he was about to start a new journey again. 

He worked with Baekhyun for over a year now. It was a pleasure for Taehyung to work with a person who was from the same home country.

"Baekhyun, to get somewhere you have to leave something behind...it's best to leave things at the right time or you'll be left with too many regrets." Taehyung explained in his own philosophical way with a sweet smile.

"Any idea what you'll do? Any plans?"

"The plan is… to not have a plan… I'll figure something out or I'll trick someone like you into hiring me." Taehyung flirtatiously commented and got up.

"Wait…" Baekhyun followed Taehyung,"Channel wants to launch a new show for the European Market...kind of like a reality travel show! The host will live in some world famous cities for 3 months each and we'll shoot his experiences. The first year's lineup starts from here Paris, then Tokyo, Istanbul and we end in Berlin!"

"And you want me to shoot this show?" Taehyung questioned while standing on the same spot.

"No… I want you to host it." Baekhyun smiled.

"Shut up…"Taehyung thought that Baekhyun was just messing up with him, so he ignored and resumed his walk.

"Woah-oh-oh, you're perfect, dude" Baekhyun held him,"You're smart, you're confident, you're charming enough to make people forget what an idiot you really are!"

Taehyung was looking at Baekhyun with questioning eyes.

"Listen, jokes apart, travel is your life, trust me you're perfect!" Baekhyun assured.

Taehyung was stunned, he had a blank expression, that offer was too much for his brain to process. He was staring at Baekhyun with an astonished look.

"What is there to consider, Tae?" Baekhyun chuckled at Taehyung's expression, "Say yes, dude… trust me when you-"

"Yes!"

"Say it again, say it again? I can't hear you" Baekhyun gestured to his ears pretending to listen.

"YES!!" Taehyung said more clearly.

"Seriously, I can't hear you"

"YES, YES!!" Taehyung was so happy, he happily gave a jump hug to Baekhyun,"WOOHOO!" A bright smile appeared on his glowing face when Baekhyun hugged him back.

~>.<~

In the evening, Taehyung was in his hotel room. The tide of objects like cameras, tripods were littered on the floor. His belongings were of course mixed up with several pairs of underpants, sweaty t-shirts and several pairs of jeans. Several books, his Macbook, his coffee kept haphazardly on the desk.

Taehyung was working on cleaning up the mess while dancing happily, the sound of music in the background was similar to his excitement, he was super enthusiastic about the new project, every emotion within him was fleeting, every thought gave a way to a new one.

After cleaning up, he ordered dinner and got busy checking up his emails. He wasn't a careful observer about who all had sent him the mails, just checking randomly. 

He clicked on one of the mails which was having a video message. While the video recording was loading up, he got up to answer  the room service at the door behind and suddenly he heard a voice.

It was a familiar gentle tone, smoothly professional, full of malice and excitement.

He switched off the music behind and listened carefully again.

"And these stupid courier guys returned my package and completely ruined my plans to surprise you."

Taehyung turned around and saw it was a video recording of Jimin. He went to his desk with his food.

"But no problem, I have plan B" Taehyung's eyes shined seeing Jimin in the video. His ash grey hair was stylish backwards and his sharp jawline was flawless. Taehyung giggled seeing him like that.

"Don't laugh, you idiot! I'm sending you this video so that you miss me a little bit and come for my bachelor trip."

Taehyung's eyes got widened with surprise.

"Yeah man, I'm getting married, me!, your Jimin" Jimin excitedly said,"and of course you promised that we all will go on a foreign trip within the next 5 years" Jimin sighed.

"Tae, we all miss you a lot, and now you have a good reason to come, my bachelor trip" Jimin's expression was soft and caring.

Taehyung remembered his promise, it's been years that he had met his friends and family, he didn't go back to Korea even once after getting the scholarship, his busy schedule made him always engaged with his work. 

He only gets a chance to talk to his parents that too once in 15 days or a month. In this world of internet and social media, he was still far away from his friends and family.

Taehyung became a little sad thinking about them. He used to miss his home-country a lot but then his passion for his work makes him forget that feeling.

"Don't get sad, idiot ! We are having a trip to  Australia, 21st to 26th December and the wedding is on 2nd January, it's a private ceremony… Can you believe it ! right? me either!" Jimin said cheerfully.

"Look, I know you're very busy, your life is extremely cool and you don't like coming back but...please come, I'm losing my mind here with these crackheads, we all six will be there!, description is down in the mail."

"Can you believe it? We grew up so fast, okay!...love you…bye" with that Jimin gave a flying kiss and the video ended.

Taehyung sighed and smiled while recalling the memories of his last trip with his friends.

~>.<~

A free spirit like Taehyung always likes to wander but still he misses his home a lot.

I'm excited for their trip, let's see what the future holds. Hope you liked it. :)

~SilverBlxde