XIX. Underwater wonderland

Dive not to escape life, but for life not to escape you ~ unknown

~>.<~

It was a bright Sunny day. The sheer magnitude of Australia's landscapes was awe-inspiring, yet the staggering beauty and bold hues of this sunburned land shine brightly.

Their flight took off from Sydney. Emerald rainforests tumbling to sapphire seas; copper-earthed deserts; kaleidoscopic coral reefs; and rugged, red rocks sculpted by wind and water - these tell the story of an ancient land of Australia.

They landed in Queensland after 3 hrs of air journey. Shimmering, luminous turquoise water of the Great Barrier Reef was a wonderful sight.

Port Douglas is a town on the Coral Sea in the tropical far north of Queensland, Australia. It's known for its beach resorts and as a base for visits to the Great Barrier Reef.

Their resort was luxurious, it was attached with a nearby beach. Under the summer sun they all were able to feel the warmth of those brilliant rays, of light granting them new vibrant colours, softly brushing their smiles upon their faces and hearts.

Taehyung asked everyone to assemble at the beach after getting freshened up.

"Okay Guys! Don't get scared, it's going to be fun because we are here for Scuba Diving!!" Taehyung excitedly claimed.

"What!! Tae you can't do that...no no no no" Hoseok already got scared.

"Come on Hobi, let's give a try." Yoongi patted Hoseok and swung his one arm on Hoseok's shoulder.

"Don’t get scared, you guys will only practice today" A guy with a full wetsuit came in the scene.

"This is Park Seojoon, my friend, he is going to be our trainer." Taehyung introduced Seojoon and hugged him,"Nice meeting you Seojoon, it's been a long time."

"Hi Taehyung, hello everyone" Seojoon greeted everyone. "I'll be your Scuba Diving trainer, I hope you guys will get along." Seojoon gave a big smile.

Everyone was looking both, extremely excited and nervous.

"So let's learn about the place where your guys are…The Great Barrier Reef is the heart and soul of diving in Australia. It is a stretch of interconnected reefs and islands with a huge selection of dive sites. From Cairns to Port Douglas, one can access the exclusive Outer Great Barrier Reef on a liveaboard dive boat with Pro Dive Cairns." Seojoon gave a brief description.

"Wow !!" Jimin exclaimed.

"Okay now it's time for training let's start with some basic gestures."

Seojoon started explaining a few hand gestures which will help them to easily communicate underwater.

"You all have to wear wetsuit, next is the BCD, your Buoyancy Control Device." Seojoon kept on.

Further Seojoon provided weight belts,"These weights will help you to remain underwater and finally your fins."

They all changed themselves in their wet suit  and other devices which were provided.

Then they were tested for mask and regulator clearing, wearing and removing one’s Buoyancy Control Device under water, emergency actions in case of no oxygen, and so on- in the deep sea.

"Oh my god!! there are so many things, All I had imagined was playing with fishes…" Jin complained.

"Oh Jinnie, it's just practice, life underwater is going to be beautiful." Namjoon assured.