Diavolo

A/N: Oh gosh I can't believe it. This book reached 1K reads and I am literally so happy right now. Thanks so much guys, you are awesome! This is my first book so this really means a lot to me. ♡

This short story is meant as a small thanks to you guys.Enjoy!

You never thought about this to be happening. Demons were supposed to be scary and all that stuff. And as if it wasn't suprising enough how cute the seven brothers could be, you never imagined the demon king himself to invite you to a picnic.

Of course you were happy, Diavolo was always so kind and cheerful and you really took a likiing to him. Still it felt weird to go on a picnic with a demon. How was he even allowed to become the demon king? You thought Lucifer was scary and before you really got to know Diavolo you thought he would be even worse. But look at that cutie.

So here you are, walking next to Diavolo's tall figure, following his lead. In one of his hands he held a basket with some food and drinks Barbatos must've prepared. With every step he took he bounced slightly from the ground, just like a happy little child. You tried to keep up with his pace as he was walking much faster than you were. After some time your breath started to get uneven and it started to get exhausting to follow him. Luckily, it didn't take Diavolo long to take notice of that. Without a warning he suddenly stopped causing you to bump into his back.

"Sorry about that", you apologized while rubbing your nose. He took you hands into his and pulled them away from your face. His beautiful golden eyes scanned your face letting a small blush due to the closeness appear on your face. He checked for any injuries and with a small hum to himself he let go again. His arms forcefully shoved the basket into yours and he told you to hold onto it. With ease he picked you up bridal style and started walking again. Startled by this sudden action you had no option but to hold onto the basket and hoping Diavolo wouldn't drop you. When you looked up at his face he flashed you a wide grin. How can a demon prince be so adorable?!

After a short while you finally arrived at your destination. It looked kind of like a normal field to you, with a few trees around it and tall grass with a few flowers decorating it. Even though it was always  night in Devildom it kind of felt normal now. This time a bit more careful the red-haired demon set you on the ground. You both rolled out the blanket and set up all the food before sitting down. Barbatos sure went all out on preparing food and it looked fancy as always.

You both chatted a bit about how your day was so far and he asked you if you still liked the exchange programm. Since you were talking you didn't even notice Diavolo scooting closer to you. Only when his hand suddenly touched yours, you were kind of suprised and pulled it back out of shock. With wide eyes the demon prince looked at you, looking directly in your eyes before he quickly averted his gaze and cleared his throat. He looked really embarressed.

"My apologies, I shouldn't have done that", he said trying to hide his blush with one hand. With slow movements you took his hand away from his face and send him a small smile. "No don't worry, I was just suprised", you said with a nervous laugh following. With a reassuring squeeze of his hand you leaned closer to him. His one arm wrapped around your waist to pull you in front of him. His other secured you in front of him so he could hug you from behind. With a sigh he nuzzled his face into your neck, his hot breath sending shivers down your spine.

"You know, the first time I saw you I was totally stunned. How can someone be so beautiful and have such a great personality?",Diavolo said while letting his head rest on your shoulder. Your arms wrapped around his, trying to get as close to him as possible. "Says the one who is the most handsome being I have ever laid my eyes on"you responded back, causing him to chuckle a bit. He turned you around and laid you on your back. With one arm he hold himself up, whilst his other cupped your cheeks gently.

"Even if you are a human, I will find a way to make you stay here  with me. (Y/N), I think I have fallen for you", he said caressing your cheek softly, moving his thumb to brush over your bottom lip. "I love you too, Diavolo". With no other words needed he leaned in to let his lips meet yours. The kiss started pretty sweet, but it didn't take long until it got more heated. His tonge licke dyour bottom lip asking for entrance, which you glady gave. For just a moment you both pulled away for the needed air. His golden eyes didn't seem as sweet and innocent as before. There was this glow inside of them, reminding you that he still is a demon. He smirked at you before he leaned in yet again.

This time though, he kissed his way down to your neck, leaving small kisses there. A small yelp escaped your mouth when he bit down on a certain spot. There would definetely be a hickey now. Your hands found their way into his soft red hair pulling him up to your face once again. He stopped his actions and just admired your beauty. Diavolo sat up helping you in the process. "Maybe it would be better to stop here. I would rather invite you to the castle tonight, just meet me in my room", he said with a wink.

This wasn't how you thought the picnic would turn out, but you had no regrets. The only thing that worried you was facing Lucifer and his brothers. That could get awkward.