33rd Verse

From a forlorn person I had turned myself into, wheels of determination crashed into me throwing me out of my misery.

If I let this opportunity pass without me doing anything, I would regret it in the future.

With a newfound purpose, I let her get away from me that night so that I could devise a plan to get her speak to me again. I would seach for her in every corners of the world. I knew she was ready to have the talk with me because her presence in my concert was not a coincidence. Even though she wasn't aware of it yet, her heart knew she already was.

She was meant to be there because she willed herself to be there.

You see, it wasn't destiny that controls our future. It was us. Our own free will. Our own decisions. People thought it was fate because our body acted on it first before our mind could process and recognize what it was.

That was the reason her feet brought her to the VIP box of the Olympic Stadium that night.

And speaking of that concert, I received a lot of nagging from Den when I impulsively walked out of the stage to follow Jules. But I went back up as fast as I could after she left and performed like I never did before. The wistful and miserable person whose fingers got lacerated from broken guitar strings while rehearsing became a cheerful vocalist who couldn't stop smiling all throughout the performance.

The next day, I was all over the news. And so was Jules. Because the camera caught our almost reunion.

"Oy, bakit mo pa kami niyayang magkape kung nakatulala ka lang din naman diyan?" Corbyn asked as he sipped on his hot coffee while sitting across from me outside the coffee shop we were in.

It was three degrees celsius, the gentle wind was freezing cold as it touched our skin.

Nakatingin lang sa 'kin si Max at hinihintay na sagutuin ko ang tanong ni Vin. He looked like he wasn't fazed with the cold breeze habang kami ni Vin ay balot na balot ng makapal na winter jacket at scarves.

"I need something from you." Sagot ko at pinagmasdan lang ako ng dalawa kong kaibigan at hinihintay ang susunod na sasabihin ko.

Vin smirked, placing his coffee down on the table. "I'm used to being used. Come on, shoot. What do you need?"

"Bakit ibibigay niyo ba?" Tanong ko at tinaasan siya ng kilay. "I need that assurance first."

Max scoffed, leaning on the table. "You forced us to meet you up during our layover and now you're being vague?"

Shrugged.

"Well, as for me, I wasn't forced. Gusto ko lang makasama kayong dalawa magbonding dito sa Seoul kaya ako sumama. Yes naman, kilig." Vin said stupidly followed by a halfwitted chuckle.

"Why am I even friends with you? And please do tell me why you're always in my flight when you're already a damn captain?" Max said in annoyance.

Hanggang ngayon kahit parehas na silang captain ay magkasama pa rin sila sa mga flights.

"Kasi ako ang guardian angel ng flights mo." Corbyn burst into laughter again like what he said was something funny.

Max met my eyes like he wanted to disappear. "Do I really have to deal with this dimwit everyday? I sometimes regret being a pilot whenever I see his dumbass in the cockpit."